GDT: GAME 49 | Blue Jackets @ Senators | Long Road back to 500 Edition | Tue Feb 13th 7PM 2024 | TSN5, RDS2

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Played with 5 D and 12 f, missing out two best defensive d, it's not at all surprising we didn't look as good as usual, I'm not saying we played great, I just found those second period numbers looked worse than the eye test (which still wasn't great).
While I agree those are big loses I saw alot of guys thinking it was cookie night and not doing the little things.

Reactions: Micklebot

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Didnt win any one on one battles, weren't taking hits to make plays. Overall a very poor game realtive to how they have been playing recently. Young team looked young tonight. Bad opponent that they beat based on skill and not work. 99% of the time if they play like that they will lose. I am glad they won but I hope this isnt a regression we are seeing.

It's one game man. They were one man short and missing Zub and Sandy, and they still managed to win. I don't see anything to worry about.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Played with 5 D and 12 f, missing out two best defensive d, it's not at all surprising we didn't look as good as usual, I'm not saying we played great, I just found those second period numbers looked worse than the eye test (which still wasn't great).
Kastelic had 0 minutes in the 3rd
Kelly had 0 5v5 minutes in the 3rd 1:28 PK
Kubalik had 0 5v5 minutes in the 3rd :44 PP

Very short bench.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's one game man. They were one man short and missing Zub and Sandy, and they still managed to win. I don't see anything to worry about.
I am not saying the sky is falling but they stopped working after the first. Regardless of Sanderson and Zub not being there good teams keep competing. I just went to the game in Florida VS Colorado on Saturday. Compete level, pace and contested pucks were on a completely different level than the sens games I have been to this year. So this game really stuck out after watching that one. This team has been playing great hockey, playing the right way, they didnt tonight after the first period. They pulled out the win and like I replied to Micklebot those are absolutely big losses (sanderson and Zub) but what I am talking about is not mutually exclusive. Anyway I am glad they got the 2 points but I dont want that the team to think they can play like that and win, because they cant and they wont.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

Some bad habits crept in after a good 1st. They bent and didn't break though. Didn't see the panic that was such an issue earlier in the season.

Hopefully they can play close to a full 60 next game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
While I agree those are big loses I saw alot of guys thinking it was cookie night and not doing the little things.
I thought after the bad goals in particular they played way too loose. I guess I just found it was more back and fourth ugly play in the second than the numbers suggested.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kastelic had 0 minutes in the 3rd
Kelly had 0 5v5 minutes in the 3rd 1:28 PK
Kubalik had 0 5v5 minutes in the 3rd :44 PP

Very short bench.
Kastelic had two shifts in the 2nd...

No wonder he was working on shooting drills after the game, not likely too happy (or maybe he was hurt?)

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The Goals Saved Above Expected can be a voodoo stat. I would say Forsberg had a fairly good outing with some bad luck(JBD goal), while showing a little rust by giving up a softie.

But according to Moneypuck, he was a worldbeater: xGoals Against 6.919; Actual Goals Against 3; Goals Above Expected 3.92.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad