GDT: GAME 49 | Blue Jackets @ Senators | Long Road back to 500 Edition | Tue Feb 13th 7PM 2024 | TSN5, RDS2

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Ya Timmy was invisible tonight. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well?
I sometimes wonder if I watch the same game as other people. I'd bet my mortgage if Timmy picked up a soft 2nd assist these same people would be saying he had a great game. But since the boxscore has a 0 he obviously had a bad game.

Timmy was robbed twice (once on the wrap around and once in the 3rd when he couldn't quite get the puck over the pad of a prone goalie with a Dman leaning on him.)

Then he out raced and out muscled the CBJ Dman at the end of the game to get possession of puck and feed Giroux who heeled the puck and missed a wide open empty net.

Timmy was flying around the ice tonight and looked great

Not enough. Have you seen a hatty in Edmonton? Montréal? Vancouver?
Ok, where did your hat land tonight?

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I sometimes wonder if I watch the same game as other people. I'd bet my mortgage if Timmy picked up a soft 2nd assist these same people would be saying he had a great game. But since the boxscore has a 0 he obviously had a bad game.

Timmy was robbed twice (once on the wrap around and once in the 3rd when he couldn't quite get the puck over the pad of a prone goalie with a Dman leaning on him.)

Then he out raced and out muscled the CBJ Dman at the end of the game to get possession of puck and feed Giroux who heeled the puck and missed a wide open empty net.

I love

Hey common now I love Stutzle as much as yhr next guy. He and Sandy are probably our top 2 consistently great players but it looked like Timmy was off a stride tonight.

Reactions: bert

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I hope the eventual downtown arena has a more steeply-pitched seating sections, like the Bell Centre in Montreal, so that a hat thrown from anywhere has a chance to make it to the ice. Plus, games and concerts feel much more intimate.

They have a nice facility.

I watched the Habs-Wings there back in December.

Reactions: Flamingo

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

I haven't been for a game yet. I have seen a few concerts there, and found that the 100s aisle are the best in the building... lots of spots elevated over the floor crowd yet still pretty much on top of the action. Seems like it would be a pressure-cooker for a Habs game.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Senators had a strong 1st period last night. The Jackets were more dominant in the 2nd period and during other segments of the game. But, the Senators bent without breaking. They are 8 - 2 - 2 in their last 12 games earning 18 out of a possible 24 points.

The Senators had 2 good defensemen out of the lineup, so that didn't help.

They have a 21-player roster now with only $71 k of cap space. Sounded like they will be doing an emergency call up with Guenette slotting in next game. There can be risks and problems running a lean roster, but hopefully things will work out. Kubalik out the door even if it was for future considerations would really help.

Reactions: lang006

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
When was the last 8-2-2 run under DJ?

When the playoffs were out of reach. :p

But now even more encouraging than the wins is that they are playing the right way. A lot more sustainable for next season.

Actually look like an NHL team now instead of a collection of super skilled junior stars.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

But now even more encouraging than the wins is that they are playing the right way. A lot more sustainable for next season.

Actually look like an NHL team now instead of a collection of super skilled junior stars.

Still a very long way to go

They got completely demolished in that western road trip just a few weeks ago and get completely rattled quite easily, and not to mention we make it very easy for other teams to make a comeback on us.

Real test is going to be in October/November

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Still a very long way to go

They got completely demolished in that western road trip just a few weeks ago and get completely rattled quite easily, and not to mention we make it very easy for other teams to make a comeback on us.

Real test is going to be in October/November

Western trip was before they started playing JM's system properly and had had virtually no practice time. and actually, a big difference now is that they don't get rattled easily. Obviously they aren't playing perfect hockey but between now and December there's a crystal clear improvement in defensive play.

Do you watch the games?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Best arena in the world for hockey. I've been to 14 rinks Ottawa is the least steep. Part of the reason the atmosphere is so poor. I saw a game in Florida this week. Arena was built 2 years after the CTC. It's so much better. Way more vertical so your view is not blocked when people lean in. Huge concourse with tons of washrooms. No lines, louder speakers better atmosphere. And it's in the middle of no where. They are doing it better in sunrise Florida. It's 40 minutes from Fort Lauderdale and over an hour from Miami. We need a new rink so bad.

Is it ok to praise Chabot for his game last night? Especially on the PP he looked a lot more decisive, kept the puck in the zone, moved around, made quick passes.
Agreed him and Brannstrom had good games.

Reactions: SanderSen

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Is it ok to praise Chabot for his game last night? Especially on the PP he looked a lot more decisive, kept the puck in the zone, moved around, made quick passes.

One thing I did noticed was that he was stepping up at the defensive blue line and broke up a few rushes by using the body, thought he had a pretty good game overall for sure.

Reactions: DrEasy

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax

I know. Its a theme by now. Win much once the playoffs are out of reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad