GDT: Game 48: Habs-Down | Canadiens @ Blackhawks | 1/17/16 | 6 PM CST | WGN, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Probably, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to listen after the fact versus tuning while killing time during a dead day at work. :laugh:

They're on itunes. Took about 5 minutes before they start fawning over Panarin and joking its not fair Chicago gets him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The biggest schadenfreude ever was whenever the Nucks were eliminated in the playoffs a few years back during the heights of their expectations. I still remember a big rush of people online commenting about tuning in to Vancouver radio streams after the 2011, 2012, and 2013 eliminations. Classic stuff from all angles.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
The biggest schadenfreude ever was whenever the Nucks were eliminated in the playoffs a few years back during the heights of their expectations. I still remember a big rush of people online commenting about tuning in to Vancouver radio streams after the 2011, 2012, and 2013 eliminations. Classic stuff from all angles.

Oh I tuned in, but even though the Hawks lost in 2011 when the Hawks evened the series at 3-3 during the morning of the game the main station there sounded like a suicide hotline.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I am 100% serious when I say I when the Hawks lost in Game 7 my absolute first thought was 'dammit we missed out on the greatest radio call-in show of all-time'

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I am 100% serious when I say I when the Hawks lost in Game 7 my absolute first thought was 'dammit we missed out on the greatest radio call-in show of all-time'

Damn you, Campoli!

100% confident that we would've lost in the second round as the team was emotionally and physically gassed, but still... that would've been glorious.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Shoot, that reminds me.... I meant to listen to Leafs Lunch today at work but forgot all about it.... wanted to listen to 'em after beating Montreal twice and their Leafs once in short order.

That reminds me, Foley said after the Leafs game that it was the first time since 1952 that the Hawks beat the Habs then Leafs away from home on the same trip.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
To further elaborate on TT. He is a 21 year old that is averaging .48 PPG and is a +6 playing with Desi and PD on the 3rd line. What should we expect? I love me some Desi but he is a 4th line player and PD is a defense first rookie center. His scoring should be right where it is at considering the ice time he gets and the players he plays with added to his age and experience. He plays a responsible 200ft game, PKs, and is good on the 2nd PP unit (that featured an ice cold Hossa/Toews until recently). I think his PP point will go up with Goose and Toews/Hossa starting to produce.

What should we expect from him in those situations?

I would like more scoring from him but that might require him taking chances, which I am ok with.

For a 2nd year player who is 21 playing 3rd line minutes I expect the following: 43-50 point, a plus player in +/-, Good 200ft game, solid on the PK/PP. So far his low in points but everything else looks good. I say he is one of the best 3rd line players in the league at this point.

Was going to comment after the game but had work to do, anyway from what i have seen from TT recently yeah he is struggling offensively but his defensive game has been great. Last night in particular, more than once i recall seeing him come flying back to tie up a skater and make a solid backcheck play.

Like you said BK he is still basically a kid. Could boil down to who he plays with, look at what happened when put with Vermette in SCF? I believe that's the TT that we will see offensively at some point again.

Regarding trading him? hopefully no freaking way that Stan does this, so much potential imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, the radio guys have lost it last night and this morning. :laugh: Tony Marinaro's rant this morning was one of the best things I've heard.

I really do wish Chicago had a sports talk station that talked hockey all day. Is there an all day hockey station that talks NHL all day that I can stream?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have never found one. I listen to Canadian stations TSN Radio sometimes, and try to find hockey podcasts when I can. Luckily, I have XM Radio so I just listen to NHL Network radio.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
If by a computer, I will listen to the various ten radios for each city. I like the different perspectives. And.....Sirius NHL when driving.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I listened to Chicago sports talk radio for a few years unfortunately, but the breaking point was when the Cubs unveiled their kid's mascot and on two consecutive days at rush hour traffic home from work they talked about that dumb thing for ten minutes versus the Hawks, Bulls, the NFL playoffs, or literally anything else.

Just gave up on it altogether after that. I'm clearly not the target audience for 1000 or 670.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Was going to comment after the game but had work to do, anyway from what i have seen from TT recently yeah he is struggling offensively but his defensive game has been great. Last night in particular, more than once i recall seeing him come flying back to tie up a skater and make a solid backcheck play.

Like you said BK he is still basically a kid. Could boil down to who he plays with, look at what happened when put with Vermette in SCF? I believe that's the TT that we will see offensively at some point again.

Regarding trading him? hopefully no freaking way that Stan does this, so much potential imo.

Holy exaggeration. TT is known as a pretty good two-way player, especially at such a young age, but there's nothing great about his NHL game at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad