GDT: Game 48: Ducks vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZX - Wins? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Wins Edition

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
9E0F6954-CDB2-4E60-882C-9C7788C3F995.gif

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Losing bothers me. 25 years of it. Now you know why people don't buy tickets. Hopefully, it stops sooner than later.
34 games remain. It'll be interesting after the draft and FA market opening this summer to see what the direction of the club will be next season. If I had to guess, I'd bet on BA doing a couple of signings this summer to make us a little more competitive. Not playoff competitive, but good enough to keep the core happy. It's anyone's guess what he'll do, but another season of tanking after this one would be very exhausting. We'll probably still finish bottom 10 next season and draft a big defenseman, but the hard tanking has to be coming to an end.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You are correct, dumb penalty...but "grey area" if it actually deserved 5. Could have gone either way. I just wish if you're going to get a 5-min major, make it a no-doubter
He got him fairly good, but high on the breezers where there is a ton of padding. So there was some embellishment imo.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think that this is the last try to lose season. We'll be bad next, but not by design. It should all be about growth and development for the next few seasons IMO.

Reactions: Jakey53

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't know, but when they showed him on the bench he was still wincing and had a trainer rubbing it or something. Looked like a good whack to me.

Edit: Either way, it was a hack play that deserved a severe punishment IMO. Too violent, even for hockey.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't know, but when they showed him on the bench he was still wincing and had a trainer rubbing it or something. Looked like a good whack to me.
It was a good whack and when I got home I watched the replay several times attempting to confirm what exact whack location. I feel like the replay increased my suspicion of embellishment. I saw him on the bench and either Jones was still carrying on, or I’m mistaken :laugh:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
It's gonna take a lot more than Bedard to save this mess. Anyone that thinks they're going to make the playoffs in the next five years needs to put down the pipe.

GMBA said the other day on the PHNX interview with Craig and co. that this is about the quarter mark of the rebuilt - there is a long long way to go undoubtedly, and many more pains ahead.

There is always the odd chance of making the playoffs on a miracle one year. However the whole goal of the project is to make the playoffs not once but to make them pretty much every season increasing dramatically the chance to win a Stanley cup (or 2 or 3 or ten :D).

I have a feeling we will make the playoffs within the next 5 year. I believe in miracles!

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad