GDT: Game 48: Ducks vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZX - Wins? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Wins Edition

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
First year in the new arena we will be a playoff team. Write it down. ;)
I think you're right about that, possibly a year earlier. They're really collecting a lot of high draft picks, they'll have a high pick this year and almost $40 million in cap space next year. Building around Keller(24), Crouse (25), Fisher (25), Macceli(22), Moser(22), Hayton (22), Valimaki (24)Guenther(19) and I hope they keep Chychrun. The veterans they're carrying are mostly journeymen at this point in they're career and they were brought in an exchange for prospects and draft picks. They're all mostly on expiring contracts and they'll be replaced by the high value prospects they have in their system. When the new arena is approved this spring (hopefully), it will encourage high end free agents to sign as well. With all their capspace it will be hard for other teams to outbid them. I have very high hopes for this team!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
First year in the new arena we will be a playoff team. Write it down. ;)

#NailedIt

BA's going to spend the offseason before the doors open at the TED for the first time loading up for a deep run. When he does, he'll have assets up the wazoo to back up the pro roster. He's timed all this out pretty perfectly.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, it's not like we don't have an owner that seems willing to spend - how much is TED gonna cost him? - but we're still something like $16m under the cap. If we really wanted to get better right now we could.

It's really unusual to go 5 years, no playoffs...right now there are 3 with streaks that long - Ottawa, Detroit and Buffalo, and Buffalo's knocking on the door. There are 2 more with streaks of 4 - New Jersey, who almost surely will get in this year, and Anaheim, who...well...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
#NailedIt

BA's going to spend the offseason before the doors open at the TED for the first time loading up for a deep run. When he does, he'll have assets up the wazoo to back up the pro roster. He's timed all this out pretty perfectly.
What assets are you talking about? We are talking three years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad