GDT: Game 48: Calgary Flames(23-17-9) @ Seattle Kraken(28-14-5) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
They'll have to come up with something quick. That initial lineup last night came out comatose.

My guess would be that there are two options.

1) Move Wennberg, Gourde and Geekie one spot up and play the rest(probably with Donato at center) on the 4th line.

2) Move McCann to center for those couple of games Beniers will be out.
He can do that for those couple of games and you don't end up with Donato between Burakovsky and Eberle.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
My guess would be that there are two options.

1) Move Wennberg, Gourde and Geekie one spot up and play the rest(probably with Donato at center) on the 4th line.

2) Move McCann to center for those couple of games Beniers will be out.
He can do that for those couple of games and you don't end up with Donato between Burakovsky and Eberle.
I'd put the bottom 6 back together like it was 2 games ago. Both those lines were dominant, quite frankly.

In the top 6, I'd find combinations of Burakovsky, Wennberg, McCann, and Eberle throughout the game and put together a spare parts 4th line of Donato, Hayden, and someone else. Give what was the 3rd line, 2nd line minutes and the 4th line, 3rd line minutes. I suspect the hole plugging idea just caused more problems than it solved last night.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Should have waited 2 seconds. The lines are reported to be

Tolvanen Gourde Bjorkstrand
Burakovsky Geekie Eberle
Tanev Wennberg McCann
Sprong Donato Hayden

So the Tanev Geekie Sprong line gets split up.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Well that was pretty terrible.
I don't want to think that Beniers absence makes that huge of a difference but it certainly seemed to. I suppose it's fair to say, rookie or not, he's one of those guys that make the others around him better along with his own skills.
Overall though they just didn't skate hard enough. Calgary took it to them with their A game and the Kraken were not at their best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad