BRUINS GDT GAME 48 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits 'The Big Guava' - NESN, ESPN+, SN ( except Alberta ), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1674714492760.png

1674714526371.png

1674714558828.png

source.gif

The Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning meet for the third time this season Thursday night in what is shaping up to be a potential second-round matchup in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Bruins claimed victories in the first two contests between the Atlantic Division foes. Boston was victorious 5-3 on Nov. 21 in the first visit to Tampa -- Thursday night's match is the final one there -- and won again eight days later with a 3-1 decision at home.

All-Star forward David Pastrnak is a large reason for the Bruins' success, which reached history-making proportions Tuesday night against bitter rival Montreal.

Pastrnak earned his third point in the match by assisting on captain Patrice Bergeron's game-winning goal with less than three minutes remaining. The right winger then added an empty-net tally inside the final minute to cap Boston's 4-2 win and his four-point showing.

The win gave the Bruins an NHL-best 80 points in 47 games. They are the fastest club to reach the point total in league history, overtaking the 1943-44 Canadiens and 1979-80 Philadelphia Flyers, who needed 49 games to reach 80.

"A lot of it is confidence. We keep winning, right? So, it's a big part of it," Pastrnak said. "But at the same time, we are all going every single night. All four lines are there for each other and they're all playing together and we're a tight group."

Another club that keeps winning is Tampa Bay, which improved to 18-4-1 at home Tuesday night with a 4-2 win over the Minnesota Wild.

Despite dropping the final two matches of their Western Conference road trip to the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames, the Lightning rebounded with late goals from captain Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov to tame the Wild.

Before the game, Lightning executive vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois discussed his club and its makeup.

BriseBois has a history of making crucial additions to his squad at the trade deadline, which is March 3.

Last season, he traded for Chicago Blackhawks scoring winger Brandon Hagel and Ottawa Senators versatile center Nicholas Paul. Both forwards made an immediate impact as the team advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals against the Colorado Avalanche.

BriseBois made similar moves previously to win Cups. He acquired gritty forwards Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow in February of 2020. Then in 2021, he brought in defenseman David Savard as a playoff rental.

"I can point to the standings ... and our roster with the quality players at key positions. And the fact that they've done it before and can do it again," BriseBois said on the Bally Sports Sun broadcast.

"When you look at all those ingredients, I think it's there for us to hopefully go on another magical run."

The Bruins have won five straight games against Tampa Bay. At 16-4-1 on the road, Boston will finish its pre-All-Star break schedule with back-to-back games at the Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday and Sunday before playing at the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday.

The Lightning's final game is Saturday when they host the Los Angeles Kings.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is if game on ESPN and Subban doing a spot

Monty & Cooper buddies and could be doing a Coke/Pepsi thing where they plot to take out all the small mom and pop teams like Toronto and Rangers, and stay in control of the East

Reactions: Grimey and hrdpuk

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Interesting trip for the B's before the ASG break and the bye week.

A year ago most of us would be happy with 5 points in the 4 games - now?

The game in Carolina on Sunday will be the toughest test as the B's play on Saturday and the Whalercanes will be at home resting.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A win would be nice, but I'll go for no injuries. They have beaten the Bolts twice this season, so I won't be upset if they don't get 2 points in this one, they can't win every game (can they?). Save some for the Canes on Sunday.

That being said, let's get two more points!

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Tonight will be my one lone trek into Tampa this year for my annual Bruins game live. A friend got the tickets nosebleed section 326 but I can't and wont complain. Looking forward to this as it has been such an epic season for Boston ... it's been so amazing. If anyone else who posts here will be at the game tonight I would love to meet and say hi. Otherwise, let this B's train keep rolling!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bruins obviously have no need to win this points-wise and they've beaten Tampa the last 5 games in a row, so they've well-demonstrated they can take it up to the Bolts now and don't need to do it again. But it would be nice for the Bs to keep their edge over Tampa and keep them doubting their ability to overcome this improved Bruins squad as we head towards the spring and a possible future postseason clash.

And Tampa games are always a good test - no easy wins at Amalie Arena, so this should do Boston good. Hopefully it's hard-fought but the Bs can eek out a win in the end.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tonight will be my one lone trek into Tampa this year for my annual Bruins game live. A friend got the tickets nosebleed section 326 but I can't and wont complain. Looking forward to this as it has been such an epic season for Boston ... it's been so amazing. If anyone else who posts here will be at the game tonight I would love to meet and say hi. Otherwise, let this B's train keep rolling!
You know what to do...Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This is the time to guard against complacency. The Bruins have a big lead in the standings, so let’s keep it that way. In my opinion, the remaining games against potential playoff opponents (Carolina, Tampa Bay, Toronto, et al.) are the most important. Defeating these opponents in the regular season will help build confidence for the Bruins going into the playoffs, and will also send a message to those teams that the Bruins are just the better team and there’s nothing they can do about it.

The message has to be sent, and it has to be clear.

I think this is actually a big game.
1674737805471.jpeg

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is the time to guard against complacency. The Bruins have a big lead in the standings, so let’s keep it that way. In my opinion, the remaining games against potential playoff opponents (Carolina, Tampa Bay, Toronto, et al.) are the most important. Defeating these opponents in the regular season will help build confidence for the Bruins going into the playoffs, and will also send a message to those teams that the Bruins are just the better team and there’s nothing they can do about it.

View attachment 641826
The room knows that as well

The Bruins attitude right now is

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Alicat is out tonight with illness. A nap is on the agenda at lunch.

Whatever has been in my sinuses for the past 2 weeks has made its way into my chest. Hopefully a course of antibiotics will do the trick

Feel better!

So what's the goalie rotation for the last 4?

Ullmark vs Tampa
Swayman vs Florida
Ullmark vs Carolina

few days off

? vs Toronto? Has to be Linus again?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if such a thing as a measuring stick road trip exists for this team, this would be that road trip
other way around my friend, the B`s have done more than enough so far to establish they are the big dog of the NHL

Other teams motto needs to be "if ya wanna play with the big dogs, you can`t piss like a puppy"

the Bruins ARE the measuring stick

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Alicat is out tonight with illness. A nap is on the agenda at lunch.

Whatever has been in my sinuses for the past 2 weeks has made its way into my chest. Hopefully a course of antibiotics will do the trick
I had a similar if not the same illness right around the end of Nov./beginning of Dec. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Feel better, @Alicat.

Reactions: bruins19 and Alicat

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

View attachment 641826
I’d be surprised if the path doesn’t go WC2, Tampa Bay, Carolina.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Feel better
Thanks!
I had a similar if not the same illness right around the end of Nov./beginning of Dec. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Feel better, @Alicat.
I've been fighting this crap for 2 weeks. I knew it was a sinus infection but couldn't see the dr and they chalked it up to allergies. Felt better until yesterday when the coughing and all of that stuff started. I feel fine otherwise minus being more tired.
get well soon @Alicat
Thanks!
Rest, drink lots of water and electrolytes. Hope you feel better with a Bs victory!
Taking naps at lunch and rotating tea and water and am about to add liquid IV to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad