but I mean we tossed in 2 goals on a 3rd string tendy. Maybe we just suck

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think you need another drink.

BeUYX48CYAEj_Ei.jpg

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Gary, ever since you changed your name, your posting has increased in awesomeness. I commend you sir.

The whole team sucks. Front to back. Seguin is great and all, but he's not a guy you build a team around. There's no depth and we still have guys playing way out of their comfort zones. Trade the veterans, bring up the kids and let them duke it out for roster spots at this point.

Phil Connors*

Yeah i can see most of that, but is it worth rustling the jimmies of Wild fans? Well actually it is quite funny.

(touches nose)

It's more though that it's Matt Cooke. I have nothing against Wild fans, except their boring team.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Cooke has cleaned up his game, honestly. Even if it wasn't Cooke, I would be pretty okay with that hit.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I caught the OT period in Lag-o-vision thanks to Gamecenter's lovely service. However, since seeing replays of the hit, I can definitely see Benn getting suspended for a game or two.

No harm no foul boys

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I honestly think that since I changed my name to Satan I've been getting worse and worse at posting as the days go by.

No, you're nowhere near the levels of ****posting that go on elsewhere.

It's refreshing.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Looking at the shot attempts this was probably one of the top 3 games where we've outplayed the opposition all year.. if not #1.

Basically Dallas just doesn't have any luck. It's frustrating to watch teams that are objectively worse than they are cruise ahead in the standings, but there's not much that Dallas can do about it now short of winning around 70% of their remaining games.

This is honestly the first year of this stretch of non playoff appearances where the Stars have had a legitimate argument of deserving better.... this year just wasn't our year. Get better and next year will be.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Looking at the shot attempts this was probably one of the top 3 games where we've outplayed the opposition all year.. if not #1.

Feel like I'm the only one that is not thinking we outplayed them that much. We had our moments no doubt, but the scoring chances were few and far between...especially compared to theirs (it felt like to me, not looking at any stats).

I thought the New York game (Rangers) at home was way more dominant than the game we saw tonight. We still should've won tonight, mind you, but the level of dominance is being ridiculously overstated.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Feel like I'm the only one that is not thinking we outplayed them that much. We had our moments no doubt, but the scoring chances were few and far between...especially compared to theirs (it felt like to me, not looking at any stats).

I thought the New York game (Rangers) at home was way more dominant than the game we saw tonight. We still should've won tonight, mind you, but the level of dominance is being ridiculously overstated.

yeah the difference between Dallas and other teams is that most teams have some of those pucks that they throw on the net from non scoring chance areas go in. Things just don't seem to work out very well for the Stars for whatever reason. That's probably highlighted most on the Powerplay where Dallas generates shot attempts at something like the 5th highest rate in the league but have the 2nd lowest shooting percentage in the league on the PP behind Vancouver. Seems like that's finally starting to regress back to average and the PP goals are coming now.

If they can improve on a couple of their problem areas for next year - even marginally - there's no reason to expect the bad luck to continue and they should by all rights make the playoffs. Dallas is legitimately a top 10 team in the league at even strength play, which is a promising sign going forward. Teams that outshot attempt the opposition by the margin that Dallas does at 5 on 5 don't stay unlucky.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I looked up the best games this year and it's funny because the only one we've done better in by that metric is the OT loss in Toronto earlier this year where the shot attempts over the course of the game was 95-45 Dallas.

Dallas has actually lost 8 of the 10 games where they outshot the opposition by the widest margin. I doubt there's another team in the league that has had that run of bad luck.

1. Toronto 3 - Dallas 2 (OT) - Shots 50-24 Dallas
2. Minnesota 3 - Dallas 2 (OT) - Shots 35-19
3. Detroit 5 - Dallas 1 - Shots 45-27
4. New York Rangers 3 - Dallas 2 - Shots 43-27
5. Colorado 3 - Dallas 2 - Shots 41-26
6. Edmonton 3 - Dallas 2 (OT) - Shots 45-32
7. St. Louis 6 - Dallas 1 - Shots 35-25
8. St. Louis 3 - Dallas 2 (OT) - Shots 30-22
9. Dallas 3 - Los Angeles 2 - Shots 32-25
10. Dallas 5 - Philadelphia 1 - Shots 34-28

You can probably throw out the big loses to Detroit and St. Louis as games where the Stars got behind early and the other team sat back, but there's 6 other games on that list where Dallas was really unfortunate not to come out ahead. Probably has a lot to do with them missing the playoffs.

Last edited:

MetalGodAOD*

I'm ready to trade Daley. Maybe he shouldn't have come back yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad