GDT: Game 47: Sharks @ Kings 7:30pm NBCSCA

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
For real, Taanko has been nowhere to be seen lately. It’s weird and I don’t like it.
Do you think he's actually good now? I remember our new goalie coach supposedly reinvented his playing style late last season. Maybe it worked?

Regardless I'll take a 3rd or even 4th round pick for him. We can't have him stealing games and f***ing over our draft position down the stretch.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Do you think he's actually good now? I remember our new goalie coach supposedly reinvented his playing style late last season. Maybe it worked?

Regardless I'll take a 3rd or even 4th round pick for him. We can't have him stealing games and f***ing over our draft position down the stretch.
Possibly. His save percentage for the season is right around Vasilevsky, Oettinger, Shersterkin, and Saros, and that’s taking into account his awful start.

I wonder if we might be able to get an actually decent asset for him, considering how many teams need goaltender… Grier will have to present him in the right way, but maybe it’s possible. After all, Hill is leading the league in save percentage.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Carolina and New Jersey are probably the two main targets to offload a goalie to. They seem like the only teams where their goalies are letting their teams down. There are a few other teams like Toronto, Edmonton, and Colorado who don't have good goaltending but they're winning with who they have.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
People would trade Kahkonen and not Blackwood? I would think Blackwood has the greater value.

At this stage of his career, Couture feels incredibly fresh and I wonder if he would be willing to waive the NTC and go to a contending team. The Sharks are going nowhere and it's obvious Couture has provided a spark for this team the last two games. Maybe he would want to do that and add a playoff run on top as well.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I wonder if a deal around Kahkonen or Blackwood with NJ could be a late pick and removal of the conditions of their 24 1st.

Would guarantee a first as a return for the Sharks but only cost NJ the difference between their 1st and 2nd.

• Wow

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I wonder if a deal around Kahkonen or Blackwood with NJ could be a late pick and removal of the conditions of their 24 1st.

Would guarantee a first as a return for the Sharks but only cost NJ the difference between their 1st and 2nd.
I would be surprised if they took another crack at Blackwood. Maybe Kahkonen, and maybe this deal is possible if they're still in a wildcard spot in 5 weeks...is it enough value for us though?

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I would be surprised if they took another crack at Blackwood. Maybe Kahkonen, and maybe this deal is possible if they're still in a wildcard spot in 5 weeks...is it enough value for us though?
It would be frustrating if they went on a run to go to the ECF but it might be worth it to guarantee a 1st which would give the Sharks 4 picks in the top 35.

Also Tanko could come back and the Sharks could get a top 15 pick. There is upside for the sharks and NJ wouldn’t even have to give up anything additional.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
haharittich.gif

mmmmm if they have to win it's nice to beat L.A.!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad