GDT: Game 47: Red Wings vs stars 7:00 pm et 1/23/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
the team didnt fold, I loved the effort in the 3rd

just cant collapse like that for 10 minute spans in this league...I don't get why they look braindead for 10 minute sequences like this so often...

But the 3rd was encouraging.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I'm blaming Keats for this one.
TLJ.jpg

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Would have been nice to get a FO win there at the end. Sure did not help.

I'm blaming Keats for this one. Had to mention the Wings were 10-0 when leading after the first.
You know how when someone curses you - you could get even with them by making an ugly voodoo doll of that person...Scary thing is that Keating himself is uglier than any voodoo doll.

Switched over to the NYI/Vegas game...Need Vegas to pull it off to keep the savages at bay.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Larkin not doing the post game presser? It seems like he hasn't done one of those in a while. Or have I just missed those?

What happened to Seider and Walman?

Weirdly low minutes for both of them

EDIT: Walman had the least TOI with just under 16 minutes. Hurt? Doghouse?

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
When the team is firing on all cylinders, they look like they can beat anyone. When they go choke mode, they look like they never played hockey before. Very bipolar.

That's what you'd expect from an up and coming team.

We needed Lyon to stand tall and he didn't. So naturally, we lose.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The Wings play like an inexperienced team, and they have a few too many low IQ or cooked players like Holl, Kostin, Petry.

It's encouraging to see them hanging with the best teams in the league and fighting even when getting BTFO. Last year this game would've ended up 7-2.

They are still 2 years out from being really competitive but I see them going from making the playoffs consistently to being a Stanley Cup contender rapidly once they hit that point.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
The Wings play like an inexperienced team, and they have a few too many low IQ or cooked players like Holl, Kostin, Petry.

It's encouraging to see them hanging with the best teams in the league and fighting even when getting BTFO. Last year this game would've ended up 7-2.

They are still 2 years out from being really competitive but I see them going from making the playoffs consistently to being a Stanley Cup contender rapidly once they hit that point.
It's encouraging to see them believe they can win. Inches short of a tie in a game we let slip away with a bad 20 mins

Reactions: dalem177

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yeah - I don't seem to recall seeing them on the ice those last handful of minutes.
I think they played much less than usual.
When the team is firing on all cylinders, they look like they can beat anyone. When they go choke mode, they look like they never played hockey before. Very bipolar.

That's what you'd expect from an up and coming team.

We needed Lyon to stand tall and he didn't. So naturally, we lose.
We can't count on Lyon every single game.

Larkin turned the puck over again in the neutral zone and it cost us a goal again. This has to be addressed

Reactions: FMichael

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lyon was due for an off night. I don't get Lalonde, to start the 2nd, Walman and Seider didn't play any minutes for the first 5:25 or so, and low and behold Holl and Ghost were -2 in that stretch. Why is a our top pair, not playing 5+ minutes of any section of any game when they are both healthy? That reeks of bad coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad