GDT: Game 47 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-TN, FS-D

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
It's an obnoxious shtick. Doom and gloom pessimism is one thing, but this guy clearly enjoys the game more the worse the Wings do. Doesn't that make him not a Wings fan by definition? Doesn't that mean he should go away from the Wings board?

What I've noticed about mindfly is that he cares more about the long term well being of the franchise than most people here who just make a snap "22 YEARS BABY!" judgment, and honestly this team would be better off not making the playoffs from a future perspective...

Not that I will ever cheer for them to lose, but still...I do understand his position.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
It's an obnoxious shtick. Doom and gloom pessimism is one thing, but this guy clearly enjoys the game more the worse the Wings do. Doesn't that make him not a Wings fan by definition? Doesn't that mean he should go away from the Wings board?

If you hang around enough you find out he/she/it :) is the probably one of the most dedicated fanatics here. The 1st to post in the GDT, 1st to post news and watches every game, which says a lot more for him than other commentarians around the boards who claim to know about our team. Mindfly makes no secret his history following the Wings and his opinion of the direction they should take. There are some great characters at DRW board, as different as people are we do manage to communicate well.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What I've noticed about mindfly is that he cares more about the long term well being of the franchise than most people here who just make a snap "22 YEARS BABY!" judgment, and honestly this team would be better off not making the playoffs from a future perspective...

Not that I will ever cheer for them to lose, but still...I do understand his position.

Wanting a pick that is one or two more spots higher than if they would have made the playoffs is caring more about the long term well being of the franchise than everyone else?

Interesting.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm hoping for the 7th seed. I can see us giving it to the Ugly Ducks. If Detroit doesn't win it all (let's be realistic here), I want it to be either Chicago, Washington, or Pittsburgh.

I think a Hawks-Pens final would be great for the league. The league is so unpredictable that nearly anything can happen. I'd greatly prefer the Ducks in the first round.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wanting a pick that is one or two more spots higher than if they would have made the playoffs is caring more about the long term well being of the franchise than everyone else?

Interesting.

He believes missing might wake Holland up and force him to be more active and try a different strategy.

I'm kinda doubtful. Holland's constant excuse making the past three years and broken record personality when it comes to trades and free agency makes it seem like we'd have to finish in the bottom five if the conference for him to get to that point.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
He believes missing might wake Holland up and force him to be more active and try a different strategy.
I am aware. That notion is sketchy at best and is still his opinion. Doesn't make him any more dedicated to this team than you or me.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I am aware. That notion is sketchy at best and is still his opinion. Doesn't make him any more dedicated to this team than you or me.

That wasn't the original position. It was that he cares more about the long term health of the franchise. And compared to people that only seem to care about the streak, that's not unreasonable.

That it's his opinion and "sketchy" really doesn't factor in either. He doesn't have to be right to personally care more about future success vs. present success.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
That wasn't the original position. It was that he cares more about the long term health of the franchise. And compared to people that only seem to care about the streak, that's not unreasonable.

That it's his opinion and "sketchy" really doesn't factor in either. He doesn't have to be right to personally care more about future success vs. present success.

If I don't think Holland would change his game plan based on being one point out of a playoff spot, and would rather keep the streak alive, that means he cares more about the long term future of the franchise?

Garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad