:coyotes @ :nashville
6:00 PM
TeeVee: FSAZ
Radio: 98.7FM

:coyotes
Perlin - Stepan - Panik
Rieder - Domi - Fischer
Keller - Dvorak - Archibald
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins (AKA the sticky line)

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski -Schenn

Raanta

:nashville

Scissons - Johansen - Jankrok
Fiala - Turris - SMith
Hartnell - Bonino - Aberg
Salomaki - GAUDREAU - Watson

Josi - Irwin
Emelin - Subban
Ekholm - Ellis

Rinne

Notes and such:

Regulation Wins Only: 4
Regulation games only points percentage: 12.1%

Status on staying ahead of the '16/'17 Avs pace: 30.4% vs 29.3%

"Fun" Fact - The Coyotes have played 5 games in January and 4 of them went to overtime.

First person to find the Easter egg gets a like.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Go! Tank! Win!

I just want this season to end so I can forget about it.

Stepan's inclusion in the SO last night was odd. It made me wonder if RT wanted to lose, to help keep Buffalo in 30th. Since the shootout is a skills competition and within his control, he can work the tank without being overt.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stepan's inclusion in the SO last night was odd. It made me wonder if RT wanted to lose, to help keep Buffalo in 30th. Since the shootout is a skills competition and within his control, he can work the tank without being overt.

Stepans last two attempts were pathetic. I have no idea why RT had Stepan in the SO to begin with.

Reactions: Yandover

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Stepans last two attempts were pathetic. I have no idea why RT had Stepan in the SO to begin with.
After the failed slap shot, RT said something to the effect of 'you have to go with the odds / numbers.' I hope that after this last lethargic effort, he'll ice someone else next time.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
From what I've heard, whoever does well in practice shootouts gets the nod for a game shootout. If that's true, I'd hate to see what the other guys do.

Oh goodness, if he's one of the best we have, the Yotes REAAAALYY gotta avoid shootouts.

Ps, I get the feeling RT loves guys who practice well. The only problem I got with that is that there are players that exist that practice amazingly but when it comes to game time, they can't do half of the stuff they can when the pressure is off. If I had to choose between a player practices well or a player that can play the game well, I go with the gamer. Of course, the player that does both is ideal and always go for that if the option is present haha.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
7-6 OT loss. Keller with the first hat trick of his career. Stepan gets 5 apples. OEL finishes +2.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes play hard, but fall short 4-1 (Nash with an EN goal to close it out).

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Coyotes come out flat, Tocchet makes a call to pick up a new player who is lauded for how sticky he is. The stickiness level is off of the charts from anyone in NHL history. Coyotes go on to win the game 10-3 with 2 goals scored by the team and the other 8 by this new player. Then they continue to sweep the rest of the season and win the cup. Who is this player, you ask? This fella.
427c5b21de53a47d63a480c66b1c5235--popsicle-stick-crafts-popsicle-sticks.jpg

Reactions: Mosby

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes come out flat, Tocchet makes a call to pick up a new player who is lauded for how sticky he is. The stickiness level is off of the charts from anyone in NHL history. Coyotes go on to win the game 10-3 with 2 goals scored by the team and the other 8 by this new player. Then they continue to sweep the rest of the season and win the cup. Who is this player, you ask? This fella.
427c5b21de53a47d63a480c66b1c5235--popsicle-stick-crafts-popsicle-sticks.jpg
This is great!! Well done!!

At the current trend, the projected 8th seed in the WC will need 98 points. Good news, if the Coyotes go 35-0-1 down the stretch they'll be at 99 points

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
This is great!! Well done!!

At the current trend, the projected 8th seed in the WC will need 98 points. Good news, if the Coyotes go 35-0-1 down the stretch they'll be at 99 points

Haha thanks! Just wanna make sure though, I didn't actually make the stick man! Just found the picture lol. I wish I made one.

Looks like another 8 seed champion coming right up!

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
'Yotes with a 4-0 lead by the middle of the second, but end up with a OT loss 5-4.

Goals to the "Sticky Crew" Cousins (2), Richardson (1), and 'Nook (1) OEL with a -4 on the evening

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Massiv trap game for Preds. Of course, it is not enough time since they got reminded of this. If you want to be cheered up, you should lurk on the Rangers board and see how much they miss Stepan. They really miss him. They really, really miss him.

From the little I have seen lately (the timing of this games are really hopeless when you are already 8 hours ahead :-( ...) Stepan is still fighting, and fighting good. The shootout miss is the things that happenes in SO. Looks to me he was just "oh, of course, that didn't work this time. When it counted". Still don't think it is right to be so harsh with him. Everybody misses in the shoot-outs, and most misses looks dumb.

And then the talk of firing the coach again. Still don't agree. I think the coaching staff get a lot out of a low-cap, young team. And the 'Yotes is still 'threathened' by Buffalo. Sabres, which almost is a cap team, will drop below, that's my prediction.

(Not sure I see how good a nickname Perlin is for Perlini. Well, it's OK...)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Massiv trap game for Preds. Of course, it is not enough time since they got reminded of this. If you want to be cheered up, you should lurk on the Rangers board and see how much they miss Stepan. They really miss him. They really, really miss him.

Who knows more than Coyotes fans how much it hurts to lose center depth. Or never have it in the first place as it were. This team hasn't had quality center depth since I was in Junior High :eek:

For the trap game, it's only a trap game if they can somehow do the unthinkable and lose in regulation. Otherwise they get a point (probably 2) and think WHEEEW that was close time for a tune-up.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
From what I've heard, whoever does well in practice shootouts gets the nod for a game shootout. If that's true, I'd hate to see what the other guys do.

It's almost like Stepan has some practice beating Raanta in practice shoot-outs... if only the ones that counted were on your own goalie...

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad