GDT: Game 47: Calgary Flames vs Montreal Canadiens 1/13/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, SN-W, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
RWbIN2r.jpg

6Y9DNei.jpg

7aIJKZS.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Any guesses on the season this GDT is from?

2014-2015 Montreal Canadiens. The black #4 is a giveaway. Big Jean died in December of 2014 and Les Canadiens honoured him the rest of the year with the badge.

#55 = Sergei Gonchar
#6 = Bryan Allen

Not sure who the 3rd person with the 4 on the front is.

It's also the year Price won Vezina & Hart with a .933 save percentage and 1.96 g/a.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
2014-2015 Montreal Canadiens. The black #4 is a giveaway. Big Jean died in December of 2014 and Les Canadiens honoured him the rest of the year with the badge.

#55 = Sergei Gonchar
#6 = Bryan Allen

Not sure who the 3rd person with the 4 on the front is.

It's also the year Price won Vezina & Hart with a .933 save percentage and 1.96 g/a.
Good catch, I was trying to find a good photo of Parenteau without the "4" badge but alas I couldn't. That season is bittersweet since it was when Price was in god mode the whole time but one where our offense just wasn't good and there wasn't any trades made to help it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That would be P-A Parenteau ;)

I think it'll be tough for them tomorrow. Injured players still are injured, plus the poor form in general. I hope the Domi line keeps on keeping on!

Well, I mean he played so much! lol

I expect another hard working game, a lot of missed chances and ultimately a loss. It's hard to know with Calgary. They can definitely come out and suck the big one. An up & down team.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Why is Poehling on the 4th line...Is it for his development?

Never mind, I can answer my own question. I just remembered who is the GM and coach of this team.
He's back on the 3rd now, though.

What I dont understand is why splitting Suzuki, Domi and Kovalchuk. They were doing well.

I also get a good chuckle every time I'm reminded Dale Weise is now a regular on this team

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's back on the 3rd now, though.

What I dont understand is why splitting Suzuki, Domi and Kovalchuk. They were doing well.

I also get a good chuckle every time I'm reminded Dale Weise is now a regular on this team

To be fair, Weise has been good in this last stretch. He must have increased his fitness level, because he seems a hair faster.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Happy to see that Poehling and KK are playing together. Poehling set up Thompson a few times over the last couple of games, but Thompson can't score to save his life as it turns out.

Would love to see those two complemented by a skilled forward. Looking forward to the injured getting healthy. I could see Suzuki doing well at RW with them. The three rookies each seem to play hard for each other when they're together.

Something like

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Drouin
Poehling Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Lehkonen Thompson Armia

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well, I mean he played so much! lol

I expect another hard working game, a lot of missed chances and ultimately a loss. It's hard to know with Calgary. They can definitely come out and suck the big one. An up & down team.

Habs at home and Flames played last night. Flames win.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Happy to see that Poehling and KK are playing together. Poehling set up Thompson a few times over the last couple of games, but Thompson can't score to save his life as it turns out.
Thompson wont be around long.

Going public with drug and alcohol addiction ...... rarely goes well for career.

There is a reason why the professional assistance programs the NHL offers in these matters, highly recommend privacy in doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad