GDT: Game 47: Avalanche @ Blues (6 pm MT, Jan. 19, 2015)

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
Colorado Avalanche (19-17-10, 48 points) @ St. Louis Blues (28-13-4, 60 points)

Monday, January 19, 6:00 PM MT on NBCSN
Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri

Game Preview via NHL.com

2JkUKZi.jpg

The Coaches

LCxxidY.jpg
vs.
QDdyHE2.jpg

Colorado Lines
Iginla - Duchene - Tanguay
MacKinnon - O'Reilly - Landeskog
McLeod - Mitchell - Everberg
Talbot - Cliche - Briere

Hejda - Johnson
Guenin - Barrie
Stuart - Holden

Varlamov

St. Louis Lines
Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Berglund - Stastny - Jaskin
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Jackman - Cole

Elliott

826zM33.png

"Well shazam, guys! I thought I was the points leader......?"

Final Statements
This is a big game. One might call it "must-win" big. The Avs are once again heading into Scottrade Center where they are 0-2 this year, and are an overall 1-3 against the Blues. Also, I'm 0-1 in GDT's. Enjoy the game!

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Hopefully the Avs put forth a better effort than last time. The Blues held them to what, like 12 shots?

Not confident for this one at all, and this could be the beginning of the end with the Avs playing St. Louis tonight, then Boston, Nashville, Nashville, Dallas. That is a tough 5 game stretch, and will probably define which way the season goes the rest of the way. Beating the Blues would certainly be a good start. Hopefully Varly can stand on his head and keep the game 0-0 as the team sleepwalks through the first before hopefully arriving for the 2nd.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Doesn't look good since the Blues are amazing and are playing fantastic hockey but hopefully we can pull out a dub somehow. As Avs71 said, this is an important part of the Schedule. You have to expect a split in the series with Nashville. If we come out on top tonight it means if we can beat one of Boston or Dallas we should be able to come out of this stand with a winning record which wouldn't look easy on the outside looking in.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Neato GDT, thanks!

I dont feel good about tonight though I don't think they will play like they did in that awful game. We don't have Marty the brick wall to worry about. It is a tough stretch but I think they'll come out of it around .500 as usual.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
There was some rumblings of Varly looking like he didn't move well last game. Hopefully they are taking the proper precautions and playing Picks if Varly is not 100%

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If we want any real shot at the playoffs, this is a team we need to beat.

Going vCash all in on the Blues tonight. Lets hope it's enough.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Gonna be a tough game. I just hope they can continue with same effort as last game. It felt good to actually enjoy watching the Avs play and they didn't even have to win to make that happen. Would love it if last game was an indication of MacKinnon's game going forward. He was outright dominate at times and he's finding some consistency as well. Hopefully this is an upwards trend. Duchene will score tonight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Gonna be a tough game. I just hope they can continue with same effort as last game. It felt good to actually enjoy watching the Avs play and they didn't even have to win to make that happen. Would love it if last game was an indication of MacKinnon's game going forward. He was outright dominate at times and he's finding some consistency as well. Hopefully this is an upwards trend. Duchene will score tonight.

I think MacK's performance last game had more to do with playing Drouin than anything.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So weird that this is the ONE TEAM the Avs' slow-as-all-hell D matches up reasonably well against. It helps that the Blues always stubbornly try to skate through the Avs instead of around them.

No idea how this game goes down though. Last contest against STL was an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Saw MacKinnon was working on his fighting technique with Iggy today. Getting ready for that fight with Seabrook's good friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad