BRUINS GDT GAME 47 7:37 PM - The B's get down and GRITTY in South Philly - NBCSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Man, that brings back college memories of late-night meatball subs and...well...this Muppet parody.

I'm feeling kinda hungry
It's quarter past midnight
It's time to get a taco
At the WaWa Mart tonight!

Tonight they served soylada
My budget's kinda tight
It's time to get a taco
At the WaWa Mart tonight!

Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know
It's like some kind of torture
This line's so goddamn slow!

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've always thought this or "America The Beautiful" should be the national anthem. Ray Charles did a killer version of "America The Beautiful" btw
It's a much nicer song in every way. I remember Smokey Robinson sang it years ago at some arena . It was beautiful.

Reactions: BMC

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
They are the worst visiting fans. I have been going to most home games for 17 years and haven't met a Flyers fan I like yet. I am sure there are some but...

There must be something in Philadelphia water that brings out the worst in their fans.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I simply do not understand why Cassidy refuses to break up the top line. They have not been good together this season. It blows my mind really.

Strange thing to say considering that for a long stretch Bergeron was the top scorer in the NHL and the only line that could rival the Bruins top line was Colorado's top line.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
These Monday/weds 730 games are for the birds lol

On a selfish note, I love them because I do yoga on Monday evenings and swimming on Wednesday evenings. I usually miss the 1st but am okay for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Gotta find the bright spot somehow haha.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I'm ok with the Backes benching. Maybe that will be the wake up call for him. Or maybe he's toast? Still would play him over Acciari on the 4th line for the playoffs tough….

As for tonight, can't let this 2pts go away. Only 1pt away from Tor and tied with the lowly Habs. They win, they take 2nd place.

Go Bruins!

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Really hoping Cehlarik works out for the big club. I can remember when he was last up he seemed to be making a lot of plays happen. He has improved his game since, so keeping my fingers crossed. :crossfing

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm ok with the Backes benching. Maybe that will be the wake up call for him. Or maybe he's toast? Still would play him over Acciari on the 4th line for the playoffs tough….

As for tonight, can't let this 2pts go away. Only 1pt away from Tor and tied with the lowly Habs. They win, they take 2nd place.

Go Bruins!

The problem is Backes strikes me given his own statements since coming to Boston, as a guy who is pretty honest with himself about where his game is at. The guy seems to be trying hard, but it's just not enough, at least lately.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

Boston Bruins
@NHLBruins

#NHLBruins
pregame updates, per Bruce Cassidy: Jake DeBrusk and Chris Wagner will play tonight. Peter Cehlarik will play the left with David Krejci. DeBrusk on the right. David Backes is the scratch up front. John Moore and Steven Kampfer out on the back end.

Excited to see that Krejci line. Wish John Moore could somehow be in the lineup. Good problem to have though. Go Bruins!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The problem is Backes strikes me given his own statements since coming to Boston, as a guy who is pretty honest with himself about where his game is at. The guy seems to be trying hard, but it's just not enough, at least lately.

Still say he will have a positive impact/moment in the playoffs and will help the Bruins win a Cup before he leaves.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Still say he will have a positive impact/moment in the playoffs and will help the Bruins win a Cup before he leaves.

I believe I've been one of the bigger Backes supporters on this board, but my confidence in him has been severely shaken lately.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
He has been solid, no question. Which makes me wonder if its just loyalty or showcasing for a trade...

I would hate to loose Moore, he's got size, decent in the o and d zone, playoffs depth.

I doubt he ll be traded, things i mentioned above are reasons he was brought here in the first place i guess.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Between this and the "poopy diaper" comment from Moore yesterday, they at least seem to have a good attitude.

Seems to have a solid view on why he's not in the line-up when talking about each line.

He makes a good point about predictability at the end of the interview and predictability can lead to better anticipation (and mitigate a lack of footspeed). And this ties a bit into Jake Debrusk, who is a very good hockey player, but his game and style leads to a lot of unpredictability as he is much more adept and prone to trying to create his own offensive looks with the puck, which sometimes can be to the detriment of his line-mates.

Not saying Backes failure on that 2nd line was Debrusk's fault, just that it probably didn't help his cause either.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad