GDT: Game 46 Oilers VS the Blackhawks 19:30 start THE POSITIVE ENERGY THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The problem with Octane is that they are setup as a "serious" dance unit with role model stylings that spends time doing children's charity type stuff, because what child doesn't aspire to dance awkwardly in front of 16000 people at a hockey game?

Anything sexier would probably be deemed inappropriate for that role.

Probable loss with the way the team is playing. Hoping for a loss as well since all that is left to look forward to this year is the entry draft.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Prediction:

Gagner skates up and down the ice looking serious while working his mouth guard like its chewing tobacco.

Occasionally sports a cheap ass Patrick Kane move that results in a turnover.

Oilers in general play too cute like they are the talent..

That's a pretty bold prediction, thinking the oilers will play.

Crush this pathetic team, Chicago

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
They're actually cuter in that picture than when I've seen them on TV. Those outfits though... just horrid. Conservative to the point of being flat out ugly.

From a charity event. Five Hole for Food from last summer.

McNutty780

Apr 12, 2011
The only way chicago loses tonight is if they WANT to lose for ***** and giggles. You know, treat it like a pond hockey game, probably cracking beers during the intermissions, that type of thing.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The picture in the OP of the Octane girls in their pants isn't how they dress during games.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66416

So those of you who are worked up about them not showing enough skin can calm down now.

I think most of us are long past the stage of getting worked up about anything to do with the Oilers at this stage. Apathy is the only emotion most of us are feeling. We are just joking around and making light of tangential crap just to try and stay sane... not that it helps. :)

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
We're going in to the game tonight as well as the next one. (There is one more home game right?) We will as always cheer for the Oilers, refuse to boo our team, like thats going to force a trade for Crosby or something. Hopefully we get a win out of this, Hawks haven't exactly "Had their way" with the Oilers last couple of years.

Oh and by the way Ryan Whitney, thankfully its almost over and we can wave goodbye to your sorry ass.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
God the Octane are embarrassing. Whoever is making those calls should be fired. Between them, the music they play and the childish ways to get the crowd into games during TV breaks it is just terrible.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We're going in to the game tonight as well as the next one. (There is one more home game right?) We will as always cheer for the Oilers, refuse to boo our team, like thats going to force a trade for Crosby or something. Hopefully we get a win out of this, Hawks haven't exactly "Had their way" with the Oilers last couple of years.

Oh and by the way Ryan Whitney, thankfully its almost over and we can wave goodbye to your sorry ass.

Some fan you are talking about a player like that.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
leafs fans are quickly replacing vancouver fans at the worst fans in my book- they make the playoffs and all of a sudden their team walks on water and they can freely look down their noses on other teams

The Perfect Human*

In case no one noticed, Patrick Sharp is back in for the Hawks.

I wonder how long that power line stays together before Kane is sent to play with Sharp on line 2.

Either way, should be a dominant performance by CHI tonight.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Eberle's comments in the paper today were irritating. He just repeated the "No one in here has given up. As one of the leaders in here I won't let us." rhetoric. Give me a break.

And for the first time in the media the "Are the young players getting tired of losing and being Oilers?" topic was brought up.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Eberle's comments in the paper today were irritating. He just repeated the "No one in here has given up. As one of the leaders in here I won't let us." rhetoric. Give me a break.

And for the first time in the media the "Are the young players getting tired of losing and being Oilers?" topic was brought up.

Not sure if this is Hall or Malph's quote. But either way I hope they are battling for the Cup in 3-4 years.

“If you take away these last nine games, it was a fun year. We learned a lot,” he said. “But it is tough. Hopefully, in three or four years, we’re not battling to be in the playoffs but the fourth or fifth seed with three games left. Then we can look back and say these were tough times, but they were worth it.

Last edited:

PaperDesigner

Mar 1, 2008
I'm pulling for the Oilers to lose out from this point, and for Nashville and Tampa to catch them. Chicago, Vancouver and the "still might matter for the playoff picture" Wild are certainly promising on that front. But it would be nice ifsome players like Yakupov, Hall, Schultz and Gagner upped their counting stats in said losses. Some 9-4 and 5-4 losses, I think.

*Sigh*

It's depressing that we're here again, but it's good that Tambellini is out. I think there's something to work with here. The roster that Steve Tambellini gave a "vote of confidence" at the deadline heading to a familiar clunk near the bottom of the NHL standings seems appropriate, somehow. It'd be nice if we're right around the the premier talent in the draft again. Give us one more piece to work with, even if we need players who can help now more.

Turrican*

This post season will be very interesting.
We will see if MacT is for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad