GDT: Game 46: Montreal Canadiens vs Calgary Flames 4/24/21 7:00 PM EST SN, RDS , TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
better win tonight... as low as the gas tank is now, they'll be nothing left come monday night.

Score first, nurse early lead, hang on for dear life.

Reactions: Holystik

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Toffoli is one of the few who can jump on a mistake and create chances. Anderson is the only one who can power through. Our units have zero chemistry. Most of our zone entries are uncoordinated, with forwards checking and double-checking each other's position before passing. There's very poor flow, which is why we have such trouble setting up.

...and we all know that the quick solution right now was a PMD at the deadline...and we got Staalsy, Cletus Merill, and a guy who can't be trusted to play 5 v 5...such wonderous GMing...

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
If we gon' lose anyway, we should at least lose while playing the kids.

Caufield in, 17-18 TOI, PP1
KK 17-18 TOI, top 6 wingers
Suzuki 17-18 TOI, top 6 wingers
Romanov Top pair, PP1

pp1
Anderson
Caufield Toffoli Suzuki
Romanov
pp2
Perry
KK Armia Tatar
Petry

Toffoli - KK - Caufield
Tatar - Suzuki - Anderson
Byron - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Merrill

Allen ( since we can't fit Primeau )

pk1
Byron - Danault
Edmundson - Weber
pk2
Lehkonen - Staal
Chiarot - Merrill

last 2 minutes with extra attacker :
Caufield, Suzuki, KK, Toffoli, Anderson, Romanov
Compared to last game : Danault Staal Weber Perry Petry Toffoli ... lmao

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Toffoli is one of the few who can jump on a mistake and create chances. Anderson is the only one who can power through. Our units have zero chemistry. Most of our zone entries are uncoordinated, with forwards checking and double-checking each other's position before passing. There's very poor flow, which is why we have such trouble setting up.
Makes ya wonder, what are they practicing eh? Strange for a team to have lines this out of sync, over and over.
Sometimes, I just watch, and wanna give up.....and then I just keep watching, and come on this board for some humour and therapy all in one shot!! lol

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
...and we all know that the quick solution right now was a PMD at the deadline...and we got Staalsy, Cletus Merill, and a guy who can't be trusted to play 5 v 5...such wonderous GMing...
It's another example of not finishing what he starts. He wants to win now? Okay, the off-season moves looked like a good start in that direction. Hit a bump mid-season? Okay, fire Julien (assuming he lost the room)... and then...? Fail to grab an established coach who knows how to win, like Gallant or even Boudreau. Fail to trade for a top-4 defenceman. Instead, we got bandaids behind the bench and on the ice.

Like previous seasons, Bergevin is afraid to pay what it takes to win. He'll start a rebuild but stop before it hurts. He'll assemble a win-now roster but stop before he has to sacrifice a top player or prospect. Frustrating as hell...

Makes ya wonder, what are they practicing eh? Strange for a team to have lines this out of sync, over and over.
Sometimes, I just watch, and wanna give up.....and then I just keep watching, and come on this board for some humour and therapy all in one shot!! lol
Me too. I've walked away from more games as the season's gone on. This board is more entertaining and much better company.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
They better be desperate tonight!
I wonder who we'll see as 12th forward.
In probable order I think it'll be; Drouin, Evans, Frolik, Gus.
I doubt Bergevin does a Caufield/Lindgren move.

Yesterday I wasn't mad, but if they lose again tonight I will be! :damnpc:

Go :habs Go!!
Also Go Sens Go vs the Nucks!

By the way, we are 3 - 7 - 0 in our last 10
:laugh:
win.jpg

Reactions: Holystik

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's another example of not finishing what he starts. He wants to win now? Okay, the off-season moves looked like a good start in that direction. Hit a bump mid-season? Okay, fire Julien (assuming he lost the room)... and then...? Fail to grab an established coach who knows how to win, like Gallant or even Boudreau. Fail to trade for a top-4 defenceman. Instead, we got bandaids behind the bench and on the ice.

Like previous seasons, Bergevin is afraid to pay what it takes to win. He'll start a rebuild but stop before it hurts. He'll assemble a win-now roster but stop before he has to sacrifice a top player or prospect. Frustrating as hell...

Me too. I've walked away from more games as the season's gone on. This board is more entertaining and much better company.
He is a terrible GM, who just can't get it done....period. As you say, he is lost when he starts in one direction, but lacks the brain power to finish it off.
He continues to do things, that he tries not to tie himself to accountability now, The one thing that happened this year is he admitted they are a playoff team, that has to do well. His first time, in 9 years he admitted this....and yet he still lacked the finish, to make us an all in team.
Don't get me wrong, I did not want Caufield or Poehling traded but thought he had alot of prospects and picks, that he could have got it done.....we are a team that just chases our tails....

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
There seems to be more Oilers fans cheering for the Flames than Flames fans in general on this forum.
From what I remember Calgary has their own HFboards style forum for Calgary fans only and most of their fans congregate there.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I think i would be more optimistic if the Laval Rocket would play the Flames tonight!!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
From what I remember Calgary has their own HFboards style forum for Calgary fans only and most of their fans congregate there.

Yep, Calgary has never had much of a presence here. There used to be a place called Calgary puck and I'm not sure if that's still around.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021

The system. Just too complicated to execute in real-world scenarios, with humans prone to errors. The coaches can blame it on poor execution all they want, but if you rely on perfect execution, you're setting yourself up for massive failure.

Since Ducharme has taken over, they haven't been better offensively or defensively. I'm not even talking about goals-for and against, I'm talking about gameplay as a unit of 5 in all 3 zones. In fact, they look more lost and confused than ever.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
How have the lines (caufield) not been announced yet ?
Drouin reluctantly agreed to let Weber take a slapshot to his knee without any equipment so they can LTIR him and play Caufield till the end of the season.

But, Droudrou being himself, choked last second, ran away and they've been looking for him since.

That's my theory :rolleyes:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I'm told Dallas is the same but I suspect it's just a cover for how few fans they actually have :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad