GDT: Game 46: Colorado Avalanche(24-17-3) @ Seattle Kraken(27-14-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How many shots did the Kraken have in the OT and shootout? Zero? Not sure if Francouz had to do anything. I think just a poke check on the first attempt.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Good Night Kraken Nation see you all Wednesday against Vancouver I hope the all the Kraken players are pissed off and blow Vancouver outta the water

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Moonlighting at the Australian Open lately, so I didn't see the game but it sounds frustrating. At least we got a point--which, who knows, might come in handy in the end.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, at least we got a point,
giphy.gif

Probably needed to score early in the game when we had them in their own zone.

Anyways, at least it's a point and another strong performance by Grubauer who just doesn't get the goal support for some reason.

Now the team has a couple of days rest and hopefully gets a guy or two back from injury.
Next one on Wednesday against the Canucks who'll most likely have a new coach by then and are still unbeaten against the Kraken....

Hayden has been great in CV. I think it’s an “earned” plus “can get them back down” combo. You bring up Lind, you may lose him when you send him back down, especially this year.

I still don't get that one.
What do we have the guy for then?
To play in the AHL and never in the NHL because he might get claimed?

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Well, at least we got a point,
giphy.gif

Probably needed to score early in the game when we had them in their own zone.

Anyways, at least it's a point and another strong performance by Grubauer who just doesn't get the goal support for some reason.

Now the team has a couple of days rest and hopefully gets a guy or two back from injury.
Next one on Wednesday against the Canucks who'll most likely have a new coach by then and are still unbeaten against the Kraken....

I still don't get that one.
What do we have the guy for then?
To play in the AHL and never in the NHL because he might get claimed?
Lind is still pretty young. I’d imagine the cap and some important contracts will force the team to bring up some young players that can slot into the roles they can no longer afford to keep as is. He’s a very good depth piece to have.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
It was a good effort. Really needed to finish some of those chances in regulation.

Our skaters need to practice the shootout. Sprong whiffing on air after the puck was already poked away and falling on his backside was ... not exactly a skilled look.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Lind is still pretty young. I’d imagine the cap and some important contracts will force the team to bring up some young players that can slot into the roles they can no longer afford to keep as is. He’s a very good depth piece to have.

OK.
But again, for what? The AHL team?
If you never call him up, just you're scared you might lose him, it basically makes no sense to have him.
Might as well sign some mediocre AHL enforcer that you can bring up and down the whole time cause no one would ever potentially claim him....

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
OK.
But again, for what? The AHL team?
If you never call him up, just you're scared you might lose him, it basically makes no sense to have him.
Might as well sign some mediocre AHL enforcer that you can bring up and down the whole time cause no one would ever potentially claim him....

Don’t look at him as though this year is his year. Next year very well may be. Granted, there are some very good players in CV competing for those spots.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Don’t look at him as though this year is his year. Next year very well may be. Granted, there are some very good players in CV competing for those spots.

Dude's already 24 years old(will be 25 at the start of next season) and seemed to be closer to the NHL team last year as he seems right now.

Not sure he's more than a NHL/AHL tweener unless he finally gets some games which won't happen unless we have injury problems.
But even then he isn't called up.

But hey, maybe after the TDL?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
FWIW you don't have to worry about waivers if you keep a guy on your roster for < 30 days and < 10 games. You can try Lind for awhile and if you still have injuries when he runs out of waiver-exempt time you can send him down and call up the next guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad