GDT: Game 46: Colorado Avalanche(24-17-3) @ Seattle Kraken(27-14-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After stopping the bleeding and ending that two game skid with an overtime win against the Devils, the Kraken will play their second game of five straight at home.

This time around they'll face the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche and will try to win their third straight against the Avs, having beaten them at the end of last season and the start of this one.

The Avs have been struggling so far this season just getting back a wild card spot with their win yesterday in Vancouver and will be looking to improve their record in this one.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA

SPREAD-Roof-Exterior-Kraken_20211007_0007_1000px-1000x640.jpg

When?
07:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 pm. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, ALT
------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Play solid defensively

The Kraken are facing a team that can run you out of the building, even though they're still missing important players, and will need to be careful defensively in order to have success in this one.
They'll also have to be strong in front of the net as well in order to keep guys out of the grease and give their goalie a chance at seeing the puck.

2) Limit turnovers, be solid in the neutral zone
Like mentiioned above, the Avs are a fast team and turnovers can kill you against them.
In their home game against the Lightning the Kraken were turning over the puck all the time and had a hard time getting out of their own zone, which lead to many chances.
They'll have to try and avoid that against an improving Colorado side.

They'll also need to bring their A game in the neutral zone, cause that was a key for them beating the Avs in Colorado the last time around.

3) Special Teams
Well.
The team needs to improve on their power play opportunities and try to become at least accepteable on the penalty kill cause you won't win the 5on5 battle convincingly all the time.
giphy.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 13(G) - 25(A) ---> 38 points
Matty Beniers: 17(G) - 19(A) ---> 36 points
Jordan Eberle: 10(G) - 25(A) ---> 35 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:10 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:47 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 19:07 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 22-6-3 / .895(SV%) / 2.84 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 4-8-1 / .888(SV%) / 3.37 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Mikko Rantanen: 32(G) - 26(A) ---> 58 points
JNathan MacKinnon: 13(G) - 38(A) ---> 51 points
Cale Makar: 13(G) - 30(A) ---> 43 points

Work Load:
Cale Makar: 27:09 TOI/Game
Devon Toews: 25:17 TOI/Game
Mikko Rantanen: 22:51 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Alexandar Georgiev: 18-11-3 / .918(SV%) / 2.64 GAA
Pavel Francouz: 6-6-0 / .917(SV%) / 2.61 GAA
Jonas Johansson: 0-0-0 / .1000(SV%) / 0.00 GAA
-------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this one goes.

The Avs are playing on the back end of a back-to-back having played in Vancouver just yesterday.
They also started Georgiev in that one and therefore we should be facing Pavel Francouz.

The Kraken, on the other hand, have been riding Martin Jones as of late, again, and so it wouldn't be surprising if he starts this one as well.

Anyways, this one has the makings of a good one and hopefully the boys are up for it.
And as always...
giphy.gif

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
We've only won back to back games at home twice this year. Let's make it three times tonight! Gonna be tough with the injuries, and I'm not thrilled with Gru in net, but let's go out and get it done! (Worse pre-game speech ever)

• Haha
Reactions: The Marquis

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
We should capitalize on our breakaways with a higher percent.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I love Yanni, one of my favorites with the lightning, but he's never been a great finisher

Hopefully the b2b will affect the Avs more as the game goes on because so far it looks like Sea is the team who played last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad