GDT: Game #46 - CBJ at VGK - 11 Jan, 10pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Last game of the road trip. If we can get through this thread without any mention of a certain pair of Vegas players, it would be very very nice. (I put the over/under at 5.5 posts, not counting this one.)

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Nathan Gerbe
Sonny Milano - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Emil Bemstrom - Alexander Wennberg - Kevin Stenlund
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Ryan MacInnis, Gabriel Carlsson, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: It remains to be seen if Atkinson will be able to return; a roster move will have to be made to get him back on the active roster. Any lineup changes will be confirmed by Tortorella at a morning presser.

goldenknights.nhl.com does have a preview article up; per such, apparently this is the end of a home stand for them. Go figure.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights from the Knights' last game:

Reactions: Robert

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
6/8 from the West coast would be great.

My eyes are on the captain: its time to wake the f*** up. Cam was showing signs of being awake before the injury and now its your turn to show that you can still be a decent player whos worth wearing that C..

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Last game of the road trip. If we can get through this thread without any mention of a certain pair of Vegas players, it would be very very nice. (I put the over/under at 5.5 posts, not counting this one.)

You mean Fleury and Stone? OK...... :D

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas is currently 14-12 at home this year. They are 0-9 in games I have attended at T-Mobile.
I'll be a few rows behind the CBJ bench with my Jackets jersey tonight, hoping to make it 0-10. Then the curse can officially stop.

Vegas is an unpredictable team this year and this has been an odd series, with Columbus leading 3-2. The better team has often found themselves on the short end of the stick.

Goaltending will be big tonight. Will Fleury bounce back from his subpar play since his father's passing? Will Elvis shrivel under the bright lights of a raucous Saturday night Vegas crowd?

I expect Vegas to bounce back from their last game, which included the worst period of play in franchise history (4-0 1st period deficit to lowly Kings), but Columbus +200 is good value. Vegas has so many problems, I'd be shocked if they found their stride so quickly.

Also, I would expect more than 6 goals tonight.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Vegas is currently 14-12 at home this year. They are 0-9 in games I have attended at T-Mobile.
I'll be a few rows behind the CBJ bench with my Jackets jersey tonight, hoping to make it 0-10. Then the curse can officially stop.

There's going to be a bounty put out on you. It's Vegas. Watch your back.

Reactions: CBJ VGK

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
elvis_in_vegas.png

From the CBJ Twitter feed this morning

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I’m so glad this is the last game of this trip. I missed the last three because I have to get up way too early to stay up for 10 o’clock games. How on earth did we do that on a regular basis for so long being in the west? Ridiculous.

I’m psyched for the game! 4-2 good guys!

Not going to lie - I’ll probably still fall asleep on the couch lol!

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
9 minutes, 0 SOG....wonderful!

What did Nyquist do to be assigned with 71-38?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad