Post-Game Talk: Game #46 - Canucks vs Blackhawks - Part II: Corrado for Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Keith's comments hide the fact 'hawks crapped the sheets last night. No wonder why 'hawks fans don't mind them :D

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I think it's fairly obvious that Luongo will start one of the next two games,

I'd give Lou Edmonton. We may face Anaheim in the playoffs and I'd rather Schneider be in for that game.

Last game of the season, last game for Lou here... playing the team he grew up a fan of.

Whether or not he plays against Edmonton I wonder if there will be a big send off for him? Standing ovation? Tears even?

yoss

May 25, 2011
https://twitter.com/hosea24hours/status/326786596689018880

I think it's fairly obvious that Luongo will start one of the next two games, but I wonder if they might even rest the Sedins for a game once they call up Schroeder and company.

I would love to see some guys rested the last two games, but if Hank sat it out it would mean the end of his iron man streak. Not that it would matter to me really, better to have him rested imo. He probably plays somewhat injured anyways and just doesn't say anything, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.

No need to risk injury in 2 meaningless games either. Personally I'd be for keeping Bieksa, Tanev even Higgins out of the lineup as well, but maybe they need a game or two to get into game shape? Excluding Higgins, he looked fine last night but who knows.

Interesting to know this anyways, thanks for the update/link.

M A K A V E L I*

4W8i9pH.jpg

YHXuG3h.jpg

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
I'd give Lou Edmonton. We may face Anaheim in the playoffs and I'd rather Schneider be in for that game.

Last game of the season, last game for Lou here... playing the team he grew up a fan of.

Whether or not he plays against Edmonton I wonder if there will be a big send off for him? Standing ovation? Tears even?

There is no way we face Anaheim in the first round. We're 3rd and they are 2nd. We'd only be able to face them in the 2nd Round. I think we'll play either St. Louis, Minnesota, or San Jose in the 1st Round. Personally, I hope we play St. Louis, we didn't do to well against the Wild or the Sharks this season.

Anyways.

I think we should call up Schroeder, if he's healthy, for the next game and have something like these lines:

Sedins-Burrows
Roy/Kesler-Roy/Kesler-Higgins
Hansen-Schroeder-Kassian
Raymond-Lapierre-Weise

We get to scratch Ebbett/Pinnizotto/Sestito and actually get a decent looking lineup. Schroeder has done well so far with the Canucks, I think he'd do well on the 3rd line with Kass and Hansen.

Corrado should definitely play next game, he was awesome against the Hawks.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Rest the top guys and fill them up with the Chicago wolves players. Van has the division wrapped up. NO need to risk further injuries playing two meaningless games

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Rest the top guys and fill them up with the Chicago wolves players. Van has the division wrapped up. NO need to risk further injuries playing two meaningless games

My only problem with that is that the team just came off their best game of the season... a long over due 60 minute, hard hitting intense effort. Yes injuries scare me; but I'd like to see them going into the first round with two more games like that under their belts.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Would like to see Corrado get another look and Shroeder as well before playoffs. Hopefully Bieksa will be healthy sooner than later also. That has me sort of worried.

M A K A V E L I*

Would like to see Corrado get another look and Shroeder as well before playoffs. Hopefully Bieksa will be healthy sooner than later also. That has me sort of worried.

Bxa needs to cut out the bad giveaways and penalties. He's a double edged sword.

bieksa.jpg

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
His strength both on the puck and on his skates is markedly improved from last year. He was noticeable yesterday because he was opening up some space with some nifty stick handling.

Not concerned about Raymond's goal tally. They'll come.

Not sure which Raymond you've been watching but they aren't going to come when he's playing like this again. He's back to perimeter-lose the puck-kill the play-shoot from the worst angles Raymond. Not to mention he threw the puck up the middle twice and was extremely lucky not to have had it picked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad