Post-Game Talk: Game #46 - Canucks vs Blackhawks - Part II: Corrado for Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I'd rather play San Jose than St Louis to be honest. Less grueling first round. Without Clowe and Murray they've lost some toughness. Who on their team will be punishing?

The problem with the sharks though is neimi is on fire this year while the blues have question marks in net at times, and sharks also have a more potent offense, so many players on that team are sniping this year.

Its tough I am going back and forth who I would rather play, sharks have also blown us out all year.

The way I see it

Blues-Toughness, work hard, could bring injuries, but question marks in goal, and trouble scoring

Sharks-Softer (except for torres), less grueling, but better goal scoring, and neimi having a career year, fantastic record at home, we lost every game this year badly.

Btw i still think its a bit to earlier though to say who we will play, depending on how the final games go its so close.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I'd rather play San Jose than St Louis to be honest. Less grueling first round. Without Clowe and Murray they've lost some toughness. Who on their team will be punishing?

We Also always seem to be able to score lots on niemi.

He's been good this year but he doesn't scare me

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Well, they added Torres at the deadline, so it's not like they only lost toughness.

I would prefer playing San Jose just on the basis that I fall asleep watching the Blues. I like getting more than 15 shots on net.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I think we have the best goaltender no matter if we play San Jose or st.louis. Niemi is capable of looking very average and the Canucks know where to find holes on him.

Except we have not been able to so far this season and he does not look like the same niemi of years passed. Hopefully when playoffs roll around he goes back to old niemi but its a question mark.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Given the possible options, San Jose would be the best first round opponent. Pacific time zone, more entertaining games, overall least bruising series.

Sharks have played the Canucks well this year, but given the circumstances surrounding both teams at the time of the games, I think it's hard to use those to predict how a 7 game series would turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad