GDT: Game 45: Seattle Kraken(14-26-4) @ Boston Bruins(25-14-3) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Our defecemen weren't in the same time zone as Pasternak.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I hate Marchand and I always will... unless he wears a Kraken sweater and then I might have to reevaluate.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I hope we get something for Gio before other teams realize how much he has lost.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Even with the absentees, this was a missed opportunity. You don't usually find Boston this vulnerable at home.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Lots of positives from this game.

- Donskoi scores
- Come back from 0-2 to tie it up.
- Good goaltending by Driedger (minus the last goal)
- Cale didn't look half bad after his first few shifts.

Negatives

- Need more talent.
- Eberle needs to figure his crap out.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
But not one that needs to be prominent any longer on the power play.
Gio is fine on the 2nd PP but I think his strength is still his defensive play: PK and 5-on-5. I do think that moving him sooner than later would be in our best interests. It's just hard to say what kind of offers Francis is getting for him (if any). He may just choose to wait till the TDL.

Being a seller at the TDL always makes me nervous because there is always a chance of injury. And I do genuinely think that Francis may be less trigger happy right now because of us missing so many players. Borgen, Oleksiak, Soucy are currently missing. We can play Carrick in a pinch if we choose to but I was almost thinking we should be aggressive in moving Gio and maybe pick up someone like Koekkek who hit waivers today. The idea is not to replace Gio but just get someone who can be a serviceable D-men till this season is done.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I still don't get why Eberle is on the left dot for the PP. He's not a threat to shoot, I don't think he knows how to take a one timer. So whenever the puck goes to that side the defense doesn't need to react because he's just going to slow it down and look for a pass. If you want him on the PP that's fine but put him behind the net to be a facilitator not a shooter.

I know it sucks losing but it's almost better to not be getting points right now. They aren't going anywhere so it's best to stay in the bottom 5 preferably 3 to maximize your chances at a top pick. They're playing good hockey finally and are being competitive almost every night. Keep that intensity up but fall just short of getting a point and it's a win win.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I still don't get why Eberle is on the left dot for the PP. He's not a threat to shoot, I don't think he knows how to take a one timer. So whenever the puck goes to that side the defense doesn't need to react because he's just going to slow it down and look for a pass. If you want him on the PP that's fine but put him behind the net to be a facilitator not a shooter..
Agreed. Eberle is not a shoot first player. He needs to be put in a place to succeed in the PP but I feel he is too passive to even do much behind the net.

I know it sucks losing but it's almost better to not be getting points right now. They aren't going anywhere so it's best to stay in the bottom 5 preferably 3 to maximize your chances at a top pick. They're playing good hockey finally and are being competitive almost every night. Keep that intensity up but fall just short of getting a point and it's a win win.
This is me pretty much. I want to keep all games close and am ok losing the way we did today because another top-5 pick will do more for the franchise than picking in the 10-15 range.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Lots of positives from this game.

- Donskoi scores
- Come back from 0-2 to tie it up.
- Good goaltending by Driedger (minus the last goal)
- Cale didn't look half bad after his first few shifts.

Negatives

- Need more talent.
- Eberle needs to figure his crap out.

Cale Fleury really kept things simple tonight, which was great to see.

Slowed things down when he had time. Made the smart pass and didn't try to force anything.

Nothing spectacular, but a very solid debut here.

Good to know they have some ready depth if a few good deals come up at the deadline and there is incentive to move a couple of the D.

Smart Hakstol only played him 10 minutes in the entire preseason and snuck him through waivers

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad