1/18/2016
FSAZ

J6fTchM.png
|
x2vbnhD.png

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I've been posting on this forum a bit lately, but as most of you know, I'm from Buffalo. This is the same thing I wrote up in the Sabres forum GDT:

I'm looking forward to this game because except for possibly Edmonton (who has no idea how to handle young players), I think Buffalo and Arizona have the two best pools of young, developing talent in the NHL, almost to the point that I view Arizona as Buffalo West. I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm hoping for an evenly matched affair that eventually the Sabres will pull out in the end, but if it's close and Arizona wins, I won't be heartbroken. They seem to be a tad further along in their rebuild, mostly because they didn't totally blow up the old team (which is good because Shane Doan is still doing good things for them).

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
This is a game that I hoped for a weekend fixture. I'll be watching from work (assuming there's no Suns game preventing a Coyotes broadcast on FSAZ). Want to see what could have been if it weren't for the J. Edgar Hoover style dossier Edmonton must have on Bettman.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I've been posting on this forum a bit lately, but as most of you know, I'm from Buffalo. This is the same thing I wrote up in the Sabres forum GDT:

I'm looking forward to this game because except for possibly Edmonton (who has no idea how to handle young players), I think Buffalo and Arizona have the two best pools of young, developing talent in the NHL, almost to the point that I view Arizona as Buffalo West. I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm hoping for an evenly matched affair that eventually the Sabres will pull out in the end, but if it's close and Arizona wins, I won't be heartbroken. They seem to be a tad further along in their rebuild, mostly because they didn't totally blow up the old team (which is good because Shane Doan is still doing good things for them).

Good post. I look favorably on the Sabres as well. Brothers in the tank last year. Brothers in never being cup champions. Brothers is dealing with crap in the past.

The thing great about Sabres fans is they are dedicated no matter what. You guys show up even if you only won 1 out of 50 games. Unfortunately here in AZ we lose 5 games in a row and everyone goes back to their original teams or they switch their allegiance to the Hawks, Bruins, or whoever won the most recent Stanley cup. It is also worth noting that the Sabres get some the best ratings in the US for hockey. Buffalo is truly a great hockey town.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Seeing Sam Reinhart and David Legwand over on the wing warms my heart. That bounty of riches is why you overdraft centers.
Joe Vitale tweet
I think it's pretty likely we've seen the last of Joey Victory in a Coyotes uniform. Damn shame too because he is a pleasure to watch most nights. Don't fight, kids, and don't stand in there and try to be brave if you're in a bad way. It's a hockey fight, it's not real, but the consequences can be.

On a lighter note, echo Tony D's sentiment on Larry Fitzgerald. I'm not a big football guy, but Larry Fitzgerald is the truth. That catch and run against GB was stunning. Here's hoping for a Cardinals / Broncos Super Bowl.

Fun OT video of Larry with former UFC champ Benson Henderson, who trains in North Glendale:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's pretty likely we've seen the last of Joey Victory in a Coyotes uniform.

I'm no brain expert, but if he is still having symptoms this long after the injury I think his career could be over.

The NHL can't be taken serious about eliminating concussions until they remove fighting from the game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The NHL can't be taken serious about eliminating concussions until they remove fighting from the game.

The fight was between two willing combatants. They know the risks.

Hoping for no lingering effects, personally. He's 30 and was likely on his last NHL contract, concussion or not, so get healthy.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I used to believe that getting rid of fighting was the worse thing that cold happen to the game. I believed that it was a necessary check in protection of the skill players, and that it was what made hockey different. I believed that if you disagreed with me you were all for the wussification or converting to international type play of the game. I was wrong and I have watched probably 90% of the games that the coyotes have played both home and away over the years, and I have seen too many young men that have had serious issues that will impact them for the rest of their life. I don't want to see anyone ever have to go through what Joe Vitale has gone through or many of the other concussed players.

Ok rant off, I was looking forward to the game and seeing our young guns against their young guns, I don't have a prediction other than I predict this will be the least ******* team we will see this week. (cough LA cough).

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Same here but switch the teams.
Good luck Yotes. With what these two fan bases went through last year, you all are a team I can cheer for.
See above reply haha. Risto and Eichel are two of my favorite non coyotes.
Do you think Tinordi has a chance at playing?
I hope so I really want to see him. No idea if he will though.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
This is a game that I hoped for a weekend fixture. I'll be watching from work (assuming there's no Suns game preventing a Coyotes broadcast on FSAZ). Want to see what could have been if it weren't for the J. Edgar Hoover style dossier Edmonton must have on Bettman.
Suns have a team??

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Wanted:
Fans to actually show up at GRA for the game tonight..
It will be a great day when hockey fans in the valley come together and decide they are tired of Phoenix being the laugh track of the NHL.
Think about it, buy a ticket, make a statement...be there!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wanted:
It will be a great day when hockey fans in the valley come together and decide they are tired of Phoenix being the laugh track of the NHL.

No offense man but you're kind of preaching to the choir here, all of us here I'm sure either have season tickets or would like to.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Wanted:

Hmmmmm, do I buy the ticket to the game or the ticket for the plane first?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm no brain expert, but if he is still having symptoms this long after the injury I think his career could be over.

If his symptoms are not improving then his career's effectively over. He's going to try and come back, but as we saw with Dave Scatchard and Kurt Sauer, it's going to be a futile effort. I hope for his sake he knows to hang 'em up.

The NHL will never eliminate concussions. It simply won't ever happen because of the nature of the game. The best we can hope for is better equipment and better diagnosis and treatment for players... as well as some sort of retirement program for players whose careers are aborted by head injuries.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
No offense man but you're kind of preaching to the choir here, all of us here I'm sure either have season tickets or would like to.

Hmmmmm, do I buy the ticket to the game or the ticket for the plane first?

Take a look at this post before you say anymore to SOL.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1504447&page=19

No more selling your tickets!!!!!!!!!!
We need fans at GRA!!!!
Be part of the revolution!!!!

The Rattlers are outdrawing us!!!!!
Players recruited off the streets are out drawing a professional sports organization!
Come on hockey fans!!!
You gotta ticket?
See you in line!

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

The Rattlers outdrawing the Coyotes line is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
He does the same on twitter. Spouts off about attendance to a bunch of people who are Coyotes/hockey fans. Need to ask people following the other sports teams in town to give the Coyotes a try.

I actually got to feel good about myself during that debacle on Saturday afternoon. Two guys seated to my left that I'd never seen before, one wearing a U of A jacket, midway through the game the other leans over with slight latino accent asks me "excuse me, what's the significance of the two blue lines?"

"Welllll, here's the offside rule..."

Too bad the home team didn't show up, so they may or may not ever return, but I did get the warm fuzzy for helping a newbie out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad