GDT: Game 45|Rangers at Blue Jackets|The Farewell Rick NashGame|1-13-19|6 : 00 P.M.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Will be interested to see where his loyalties lie. Does he drop closer the puck closer to Foligno? Or does he drop it closer to his adversary?

The whole arena will be watching

Reactions: aRussian

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm curious to see Steinlund again tonight. He was noticeable last night - and not because of mistakes.

Kukan played a solid game last night. There's elements of his game I prefer over Harry, but the coaches seem to believe Harry offers more. As an aside on the D side, I liked Nuti and Jones together. I remember they meshed well over a several week stint previously.

As for tonight, this is one we should handily win (have said that before and missed). But the Rangers aren't a good team by any measure..... Jackets 4-2.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Here is the bigger concern. 2nd night of a back to back. They didn't carry any extra forwards to Washington. Ryan Murray was sick. Now they call up Sherwood. Is there another forward that is sick/banged up and they might dress Sherwood in an emergency on no practice or even a morning skate with the team?

Seems like a curious decision to call up an extra forward for a home game but not on a road game where the farm team isn't as accessible.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Here is the bigger concern. 2nd night of a back to back. They didn't carry any extra forwards to Washington. Ryan Murray was sick. Now they call up Sherwood. Is there another forward that is sick/banged up and they might dress Sherwood in an emergency on no practice or even a morning skate with the team?

Seems like a curious decision to call up an extra forward for a home game but not on a road game where the farm team isn't as accessible.
Call me crazy but I think them calling up Sherwood has to do with Rick's ceremony. Probably want to introduce Kole to Rick, or even let him get his NHL debut while Rick is in the house.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Call me crazy but I think them calling up Sherwood has to do with Rick's ceremony. Probably want to introduce Kole to Rick, or even let him get his NHL debut while Rick is in the house.
I seem to recall Sherwood idolizing Rick Nash when he played for the AAA Blue Jackets. He even played for the London Knights wearing #67. Not 100% sure of this recollection though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I expect it to be a good game.

Besides 2 points I'm just hoping to be entertained so the last two hours of work flys by ;)

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Will be interested to see where his loyalties lie. Does he drop closer the puck closer to Foligno? Or does he drop it closer to his adversary?

The whole arena will be watching
If he damns us to 6 more weeks of winter I’ll...

Oh, wrong watch. That one involves some big gopher thing.

Wonder what Jersey he will wear or if he’ll try to go middle of the road and wear some abominable NY/CBus mashup

Reactions: major major

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Big game for Bob tonight, I hope he doesn't mess his pants and lose....

Good to have Rick back, wish he could still play... He's a good guy but one I won't miss skating in circles though... He could have been much better than he was..

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
How many goals and how soon will Bob have to let in for him to be pulled?

I'll go, 2 goals, 7 minutes.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How many goals and how soon will Bob have to let in for him to be pulled?

I'll go, 2 goals, 7 minutes.

You'd rather be RIGHT than the CBJ win. Are you a REAL FAN or not?????

Get a grip. The 2013 and 2016 Vezinas HAPPENED! But it is what it is.

Boiled, baked, or fried???

#MCBJGA

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad