GDT: [Game #45] Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights - 5:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I wonder if there are any other all-Euro 4th lines in the league
This is a very big difference we never saw even a few years ago. Canadian GMs always loved filling their bottom lines with good ol' western Canadian boys who played the "right way." Those grinder spots never went to European players and certainly would never go to a Russian.

But almost overnight GMs realized their teams benefit from going with better skaters instead of worrying about who hits more and is willing to fight.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This personal injury lawyer on the Vegas broadcast has the advertising presence of a Fortune 500 company

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
This is a very big difference we never saw even a few years ago. Canadian GMs always loved filling their bottom lines with good ol' western Canadian boys who played the "right way." Those grinder spots never went to European players and certainly would never go to a Russian.

But almost overnight GMs realized their teams benefit from going with better skaters instead of worrying about who hits more and is willing to fight.

Part of me misses the unable to skate pugilists trying to play hockey in the 4th line.

Reactions: Elysian

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
All I know is Vegas hasn't been the same since Ryan Reaves left, no matter how much he sucks

Miller has definitely played better in the barns of his former teams this season

Seguin: f***ing dive!

Yep, a f***ing dive

Reactions: Elysian

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Had to look up who Paul Cotter is and why he's on the Vegas #1 PP. Bizarre to see someone drafted by Vegas actually playing for Vegas

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

Started thinking about this after noticing how overwhelmingly North American the Vegas roster is. Some GMs certainly still subscribe the good western Canadian boy trope.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I know we're a 4 line team and all that but the less we see of Marchment-Glendening-Gurianov the better

Miro papers over so many mistakes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Beautiful defensive play by Miro there. Doesn't get any cleaner than that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad