GDT: [Game #45] Dallas Stars @ New Jersey Devils – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
6-0 was a blowout, I didn't say anything about sending out Faksa line for PP made sense.

Then there was like 10 mins left and we were sitting back doing nothing with NJD pushing and scoring a goal. 6-1 game.. so I post to put out PP 1 again because the Faksa line gave up a 3 on 1 against on the PP..

Ionno seemed reasonable.
They play tomorrow. Why waste the effort when the win is not in question? Probably why you're not an NHL coach.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
They play tomorrow. Why waste the effort when the win is not in question? Probably why you're not an NHL coach.

Yea those extra 45-60 seconds standing mostly still in the offensive zone for Seguin (15 mins), Benn (14 mins), Dadanov (13 mins), Pavelski (15 mins), would have really burned up the legs for tomorrow.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yea those extra 45-60 seconds standing mostly still in the offensive zone for Seguin (15 mins), Benn (14 mins), Dadanov (13 mins), Pavelski (15 mins), would have really burned up the legs for tomorrow.
Okay dude, whatever you say. You're the galaxy brain here, obviously.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Was Ruff our coach the season we couldn't win a B2B to save our lives? Sounds like NJ is going through the same thing.

Reactions: Bone Density

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hey dude, I don't make the rules. As far as coaches are concerned, it's disrespectful to do that to another coach. Not defending it, but I get it

Maybe the other coach should be a better coach then

This is the NHL, not a kids league

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Maybe the other coach should be a better coach then

This is the NHL, not a kids league
Like I said, I wasn't the one who started the whole thing, I've never coached a game in my life. They consider it a professional courtesy. You'd have to ask them why they do it

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
6-0 was a blowout, I didn't say anything about sending out Faksa line for PP made sense.

Then there was like 10 mins left and we were sitting back doing nothing with NJD pushing and scoring a goal. 6-1 game.. so I post to put out PP 1 again because the Faksa line gave up a 3 on 1 against on the PP..

Ionno seemed reasonable.
Damn man you need to get high

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Was Ruff our coach the season we couldn't win a B2B to save our lives? Sounds like NJ is going through the same thing.
I feel like the Stars have been bad at B2Bs as long as I have been watching- probably confirmation bias but there for a time it felt like an automatic L

New Jersey fans not having a great time on their board- I feel like we can relate to this game. There was a game a few years ago like this for Dallas, they were honoring a former player and they got absolutely bodied. Don’t remember who the player was.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like the Stars have been bad at B2Bs as long as I have been watching- probably confirmation bias but there for a time it felt like an automatic L

New Jersey fans not having a great time on their board- I feel like we can relate to this game. There was a game a few years ago like this for Dallas, they were honoring a former player and they got absolutely bodied. Don’t remember who the player was.

They're going through exactly what we did in 2015-2016 (last season for them) and our 2016-2017 season being this year for them.

It's odd because of the Lindy Ruff connection and the major injuries.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
They're going through exactly what we did in 2015-2016 (last season for them) and our 2016-2017 season being this year for them.

It's odd because of the Lindy Ruff connection and the major injuries.
They also have two 1.1s, one 1.2, one 1.4, and a 1.7 since 2017 so im happy theyre going through it. What an embarrassment of riches going to waste

Reactions: LT

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't know if Lindell got credit at the time but what a beast of a physical play to win the puck back in his own zone and then a perfect pass to distribute to Johnston. His smile in the celebration was great too

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

I think you’re referring to Zubov retirement night

Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad