GDT: Game # 45 - Columbus Blue Jackets vs San Jose Sharks (1/9 10:30pm, @SJ)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They are forwards, they job is to put pucks on net, I'm tired of the "they are defence first guys" excuse/myth. 15 millions for 3 bodies with stone hands.

Jenner is all about defence right? Lol.

123920197160e5c12cc.jpg

No. He’s about grit and physical play. His two way ability is a bonus.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
CBJ '19-'20: beating teams they probably don't have any business with, and losing to teams they should probably put away easy

Because I don't have the energy or perseverance to go back thru 20 years of frustration to validate with stats, imo this has been a recurring trait of the jackets.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
CBJ '19-'20: beating teams they probably don't have any business with, and losing to teams they should probably put away easy

I don't assume the Jackets should put any team away easily.

Sharks aren't a bad team on paper at all. I don't watch them, so I'm not sure why their record is bad. Yeah they're old, but they have a lot of talent.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
They are forwards, they job is to put pucks on net, I'm tired of the "they are defence first guys" excuse/myth. 15 millions for 3 bodies with stone hands.

Jenner is all about defence right? Lol.

123920197160e5c12cc.jpg
I'll take into account Jenner - and Foligno - are often matched against the opponent's top line (whether that is warranted or not is IMO a worthy debate) but this chart certainly is eye catching. And it matches my eyeballs that tell me they spend a lot of their time in their own end rather than driving play.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I don't assume the Jackets should put any team away easily.

Such arrogance has never been a part of this part of the forum. Even last year (the best in teams history) there was never such attitude towards any team.

This year, when everything is still frail and questionable, Im sure nobody in his or her right mind puts away any NHL opponent.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
What was Werenski doing? He was frozen like a statue and didn’t react until the puck was in the net.

I may be the toughest on him about his defensive lapses, but that was the first time in many games he's been at fault for a goal like that. If he does that once a month, like he has, and not once a week, which was the first month....that's a finished product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad