GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Toronto | 1/13 7PM EST

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I just watched replay. Holland was standing in the crease for a few seconds, initiated contact with Korpi and then was bumped. That was interference.
And Saad wasn't even on the ice. That was Golo.

Sorry, I saw a little guy with a 2 something. 9, 0, close.

And watching the replay, Golo clearly pushes the Toronto player into Korpisalo IMO.

KlichkoBro*

The 2015-16 Foligno is not the 2014-15 Foligno.... Personally I have no clue what happened to him but it's concerning.

:facepalm: He's had 13 points in his last 11 games. Foligno was on the 8 games point streak at the moment he got injured. Actually hi IS on the 8 games point streak right now.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Sucks that Korpisalo didn't get the shutout. I was asleep for half the game but when I was awake, I thought Jones looked solid. Any update on Savard?

It's a road game I doubt we'll hear anything; he'll get evaluated when he gets back.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The 2015-16 Foligno is not the 2014-15 Foligno.... Personally I have no clue what happened to him but it's concerning.

He's been good for the last group of games. He got off to an awful start but been much better lately before he got hurt.

I was a Dubi supporter but I think mgt wanted a calmer guy.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We kind of turtled a bit in the third and started off slow. Other than that happy with most of the efforts. Saad was just a fraction of a second off from getting about 8 or 9 high quality chances.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
He's been good for the last group of games. He got off to an awful start but been much better lately before he got hurt.

I was a Dubi supporter but I think mgt wanted a calmer guy.

Agree. I think Foligno was gripping his stick too tight early in the season but has now relaxed and is playing well.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Agree. I think Foligno was gripping his stick too tight early in the season but has now relaxed and is playing well.

I'll be honest, I agree his play did improve quite a bit but I'd still consider moving that contract. I'm really not going to follow up on it here if you respond, I think there's a thread on the main page that we could continue as I remember bringing this up in there (unless it was the one that was just closed).

We were still a bit too loose in the defensive zone and we probably would have paid the price against a better team.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg

He had a slow start, no doubt about that. But I I did the math for the last 25 games, a decent sample size, and for the past 25 games he'd be on pace for ~65 points. He's been playing pretty well recently. He wouldn't be on pace for another 30 goal season, but he's up-ed his game quite a bit.

The biggest concern is our defense, with Jones, Murray and Werenski, I don't know, call me optimistic.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Good game by the kid,

41-21 shots is going to be a loss more times than not. Too bad Torts cost him the shutout by having Bourque, Campbell and Boll out at the end there

To be fair, that line had played pretty well until the goal. Then they remembered who they were...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good game by the kid,

41-21 shots is going to be a loss more times than not.

I'd still say the skaters deserved the win, not just Korpi. The Leafs threw their garbage at the net but were completely boxed out. They didn't have a lot of secondary chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad