Post-Game Talk: Game #45: Canucks 1 @ Lightning 4 || Save us Frankie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

large.png
@
large.png

(44 GP 26-15-3 | 2nd Pacific)______(47 GP 29-14-4 | 1st Atlantic)

WHEN: Tuesday, January 20th, 4:30PM PST
WHERE: Amalie Arena, Tampa Bay, FL
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TBA

** If you only come to the site to post negative messages, you are trolling, even if you are a Canucks fan.
Please find more varied and constructive ways to contribute to the discussion. **

Vancouver Canucks
Speculated & Unconfirmed Lineup

QTCa383.jpg

DxF9AiC.gif
Tbs3Rxd.gif

wxIwOzm.gif
kQErxHq.gif
8lZKgDw.gif

Fqu64GX.gif
l07c5ux.gif
wv7Jhr5.gif

JvLC25t.gif
d3KG8Ou.gif
dQjjSZh.gif

IkZ9XKf.jpg

bSRhjKL.gif
oH15yxi.gif

aARV593.gif
xLpPXqP.gif

CPVBwM8.gif
xu62uhP.gif

vOgevml.jpg

fPejkxm.gif
CH1suZw.gif

Pi7AmDN.jpg

CU53h7a.gif
9LzSNqn.gif
d0GssZd.gif

Tampa Bay Lightning

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Connolly-Filppula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Morrow

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Sustr
Witkowski-Nesterov

Bishop
Nabokov

Scratches - Brown and Barberio

Notes:

- Brad Richardson is likely to miss this game after taking a shot to the ankle against Carolina.
- Frank Corrado sustained a broken nose during the Carolina game, no official update

GO CANUCKS GO!

Streams:

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-3.html
http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Going to be a tough, tough game. I'm in favor of starting Miller, in normal circumstances I'd be all in for Lack but he's been shelled by Tampa every time he's played them.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
yeah id be fine with miller tomorrow if he is willing. not a hard trip to tampa. Last day before the break. 1 goal in 3 games. LET IT RIDE!

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
yeah id be fine with miller tomorrow if he is willing. not a hard trip to tampa. Last day before the break. 1 goal in 3 games. LET IT RIDE!

Ditto. It's not just even his numbers, he's playing with an unreal level of confidence. It's like he's seeing everything right now.

I love Eddie and want him to get some games soon but it's hard to argue for him to start given Miller's play.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Ditto. It's not just even his numbers, he's playing with an unreal level of confidence. It's like he's seeing everything right now.

I love Eddie and want him to get some games soon but it's hard to argue for him to start given Miller's play.

Goalie controv... wait, nevermind. I guess this is what a typical goaltending duo feels like. Interesting.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't agree with riding something until it breaks. His shutout streak being broken gives a chance to give him some rest.

I don't see us at Tampa's level right now, so I kind of expect a loss anyhow. I would just like to see if Miller can continue his play right now going into the ASG break and go from there.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The big problem with tampa if richardson is still hurt, who do you match lines with (and they get last change to).

Maybe if you have richardson and use the burrows higgins combination on the wings against stamkos. Using vey instead of richardson down the middle makes it a bit more concerning defensively.

Then get the sedin line out vs tyler johnson line which is arguably more dangerous than stamkos.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Damn, our record is pretty similar to TB's, for some reason, I wasn't really expecting that. Anyways, I'd be fine with Miller, but if we don't play Lack tomorrow, then he'll have been sitting for two weeks, since this is the last game before the ASG. I'm assuming Lack will get ANA after the break, and Miller BUF, for obvious reasons.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
prepared for loss, so any points out of this game would be a bonus. Hopefully we can atleast get a loser point out of this one.

Basically. If we're tied with them late in the game, play for that point, essentially. Doesn't matter to us if TB gets a point.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Tampa Bay face us once again after a back to back for the Canucks......it would be fun if Canucks was rested so the game would be more balanced?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Stick with Miller if he's not too tired. The guy's just been in the zone lately, and now facing an actually good team, be prepared to need the goalie to bail us out.

Also, pretty quick on the locking PGT draw there, mods.

--Stanton. Was he trying to set a record for most puck battles lost along the boards tonight? Every time the puck got past the goal line and a Florida player was anywhere near him, it was a foregone conclusion that Florida player would come out with the puck.

--Kassian. Did he play after the first period? The guy just looks hopelessly lost out there.

--Horvat. Best game from him in...probably ever. Skated miles, scored, could've easily had more.

--Hansen is also awesome lately.

Beat Tampa. That is all.

*edit* Oh yeah, Florida's ongoing "Come to the games disguised as an empty seat" fan promotion shows no sign of slowing down.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Stick with Miller if he's not too tired. The guy's just been in the zone lately, and now facing an actually good team, be prepared to need the goalie to bail us out.

Also, pretty quick on the locking PGT draw there, mods.

--Stanton. Was he trying to set a record for most puck battles lost along the boards tonight? Every time the puck got past the goal line and a Florida player was anywhere near him, it was a foregone conclusion that Florida player would come out with the puck.

--Kassian. Did he play after the first period? The guy just looks hopelessly lost out there.

--Horvat. Best game from him in...probably ever. Skated miles, scored, could've easily had more.

--Hansen is also awesome lately.

Beat Tampa. That is all.

*edit* Oh yeah, Florida's ongoing "Come to the games disguised as an empty seat" fan promotion shows no sign of slowing down.

Apologies for the quick closing, back to back games make it tight to have a half decent pre-game discussion.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Would be nice to throw it all on the ice, with the all star break coming up. I have really loved Dorsett's compete level, hope we sign him soon. :handclap:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Miller has been amazing but please start Lack. That's too much hockey for Miller IMO even considering the upcoming break.

I don't agree with riding something until it breaks. His shutout streak being broken gives a chance to give him some rest.

Agreed

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Miller has been amazing but please start Lack. That's too much hockey for Miller IMO even considering the upcoming break.

Agreed

Normally I'd agree, but Lack has an awful track record against Tampa so I'd stick with Miller for that reason.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Going to be a tough, tough game. I'm in favor of starting Miller, in normal circumstances I'd be all in for Lack but he's been shelled by Tampa every time he's played them.

I don't think the sample size is really big enough to proclaim that the Bolts have his number or something. You're thinking too much about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad