4EQngzg.jpg
MKhEwez.jpg

Jo04bd6.jpg
6oaOuwm.jpg

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I hope we win this one convincingly if for no other reason than to have the lineup remain the same. This is what I was hoping for a long time. Excited to see how the 3rd line does and hopefully Roy does not move anyone around too much so that they can maybe develop some chemistry.

I wonder who plays PK with Cliche out. Probably Mitchell or maybe Evs. Or Roy just rolls with Highlander-Talbs; ROR-Tangs, though I am not a fan of Highlander getting the ice time.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well done. :clap:

That third line looks like it might be really good. And Talbot is on the 4th line where he belongs. Now if Roy would just take the hatchet to the D as well he might be onto something. Maybe he will, but I at least like these lines going forward.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I would've rather had McLeod scratched instead of Cliche, but at least it's much better now.

Really looking forward to seeing that 3rd line.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Florida are a better team than Avs. Need some bounces and Varlamov excelling to win.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I would've rather had McLeod scratched instead of Cliche, but at least it's much better now.

I thought Cliche was terrible in both the Washington and Carolina game, he really does excel at nothing for us except PK. He's been losing alot of draws lately.

Watched a 96' game recently and they had Forsberg and Sakic killing penalties. Waste of a roster spot having a specialized pk'er who really offers much of nothing else. At least Mcleod forechecks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Cliche does literally nothing better than McLeod, except maybe take faceoffs, at which he's still not that great.

He's not better defensively, he's not a better skater, he doesn't drive the net, he doesn't play physical, he doesn't fight, he doesn't play as big a role on the PK. There's almost no reason to scratch McLeod before Cliche, unless your winger replacements are that much better than your center replacements.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like the Everberg call up and hopefully he gets some solid ice time. Would much prefer McLeod sitting rather than Cliche but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Like the Everberg call up and hopefully he gets some solid ice time. Would much prefer McLeod sitting rather than Cliche but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

Out of curiosity what does Cliche do that's so much better than McLeod?

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado

I think Cliche looks a bit more fluid out there, but don't consider him much of an upgrade. McLeod is just simply a sore spot, play is declining, and unfortunately signed longer-term, so he's fun to hate on.

member 116861

Cliche does literally nothing better than McLeod, except maybe take faceoffs, at which he's still not that great.

He's not better defensively, he's not a better skater, he doesn't drive the net, he doesn't play physical, he doesn't fight, he doesn't play as big a role on the PK. There's almost no reason to scratch McLeod before Cliche, unless your winger replacements are that much better than your center replacements.

I disagree. Cliche is better than McLeod defensively IMO and I also think he is a better skater than McLeod. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I see Cliche skating and think its MacKinnon. The guy improved his skating and is underrated in that aspect of the game. Either way both are useless and don't belong on an NHL club.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think he's better defensively and on the PK. I'd also rather have him taking faceoffs than Talbot or Briere. He's not great on faceoffs and I'd like a 4th line center/PK'er who is much better at them than him but 50% still isn't bad.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Cliche doesn't take unnecessary penalties (that McLeod takes a lot, albeit some are reputation calls), and is good on the PK.

McLeod takes stupid penalties and is worse on PK.

That's a good enough reason for me.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol people really think these lines will stay? I give it until the 2nd period. That's when Roy will decide that McLeod and Talbot are better fits on the 3rd line, will move Briere to C on the 4th line and move Everberg and Rendulic down there with him

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I disagree. Cliche is better than McLeod defensively IMO and I also think he is a better skater than McLeod. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I see Cliche skating and think its MacKinnon. The guy improved his skating and is underrated in that aspect of the game. Either way both are useless and don't belong on an NHL club.

I think he's better defensively and on the PK. I'd also rather have him taking faceoffs than Talbot or Briere. He's not great on faceoffs and I'd like a 4th line center/PK'er who is much better at them than him but 50% still isn't bad.

Cliche doesn't take unnecessary penalties (that McLeod takes a lot, albeit some are reputation calls), and is good on the PK.

McLeod takes stupid penalties and is worse on PK.

That's a good enough reason for me.

I guess this is why people see things differently, because I've seen nothing to suggest any of those things. I think these things are just said about him because he's the new scapegoat. Cody is not at all a slow skater, and he's good defensively and on the PK. People love to say Cody is slow, he's just not.

Only reasons Cliche doesn't take penalties is because he plays softer than anyone on the team. It's a fallacy that McLeod takes a bunch of extra penalties too. It's been worse this year, but it's still about average for a physical 4th liner, which you need in the lineup either way. In previous years he was better than average for the way he plays.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

At this point I'm not really inclined to argue here. Cliche started the season much better than McLeod, but IMO both have been pretty bad of late. McLeod was at least plunking in the occasional goal though.

I just really want Roy to keep Talbot on the 4th line. Putting him elsewhere in the lineup doesn't really make those lines better, and it makes the 4th line go from bad to reprehensible.

member 116861

I guess this is why people see things differently, because I've seen nothing to suggest any of those things. I think these things are just said about him because he's the new scapegoat. Cody is not at all a slow skater, and he's good defensively and on the PK. People love to say Cody is slow, he's just not.

That is not true at all. Cody is still one of my favourite players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad