Pre-Game Talk: GAME 45 7:08 PM - Return of the Whalercanes - NESN, ESPN+, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
hoping to be blown out one more time to see some changes in the front office.

As much as I want changes barring something dramatic I dont think even a big blowout against one of the top teams in the league missing our two best forwards is going to move the needle on any changes.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Foglino's been injured since game 2 - hoping he gets right and the only way to get there is to get out there when he can.

The rest of that line has not excuse for their lack of production and impact this year. Would rather see Frederic at C than on the wing.

Time to step up boys.

Reactions: NDiesel

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Foglino's been injured since game 2 - hoping he gets right and the only way to get there is to get out there when he can.

The rest of that line has not excuse for their lack of production and impact this year. Would rather see Frederic at C than on the wing.

Time to step up boys.

I appreciate the optimism but Foligno has been a HORRIBLE offensive player for years. This isn't just injuries. It's who he is. An absolutely horrific signing that I'm sure someone like Jeremy Rogalski was saying "don don't do this."

The point I'm making is there isn't a "get him going." He's not been an above average offensive player since 2018. Dude's done.

This is him this year.

upload_2022-2-10_13-35-37.png

this is the last THREE seasons.

upload_2022-2-10_13-36-18.png

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I appreciate the optimism but Foligno has been a HORRIBLE offensive player for years. This isn't just injuries. It's who he is. An absolutely horrific signing that I'm sure someone like Jeremy Rogalski was saying "don don't do this."

The point I'm making is there isn't a "get him going." He's not been an above average offensive player since 2018. Dude's done.

This is him this year.

View attachment 506121

View attachment 506122
Good stuff - what was he the last two leading up to this one (considering he's been injured this whole season)? And where do you get those nice graphics?

I mean maybe his body is just breaking down and he cant come back, but this year's been a wash since day 2

I do like him in front of the net more than most of the guys we have.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
imagine scratching this guy after a game where he ran the opposing goalie on a team that consistently struggles to crash the net.

Steen should be in the lineup for displaying that kind of mindset if nothing else.

You’re boxed in if you want to give Studnicka a shot with Bergy out. Everyone else needs waivers.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Good stuff - what was he the last two leading up to this one (considering he's been injured this whole season)? And where do you get those nice graphics?

I mean maybe his body is just breaking down and he cant come back, but this year's been a wash since day 2

I do like him in front of the net more than most of the guys we have.

They are from evolving-hockey.com . I just think he's a big guy who's taken a beating and his hands have totally left him. He's smart and mucks up the dzone enough to be positive there, but that's a fourth liner. This is the last two years individually. Shows a clear 3 year decline for a player approaching his middle 30's. LETS GIVE HIM A NMC.

Last year

upload_2022-2-10_14-11-23.png

19-20

upload_2022-2-10_14-12-9.png

Reactions: Over the volcano

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You’re boxed in if you want to give Studnicka a shot with Bergy out. Everyone else needs waivers.

That is it, basically. Alternatively, they could have just left Stud in Providence and gone with Haula, Coyle, Nosek, Frederic down the middle, left Steen in and put Foligno's useless ass in the press box. Would have liked to see that, though I am not sad to see Stud get called up. I hate that it comes at the expense of Steen, though.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Lots of problems with this team. The Bruins should be moving out some of the dead weight and playing the kids. Hoping Studs makes the best of his opportunity.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
taxi squad ended after all star game.
Cant just bring up guys. Must stay within 23 man roster.
So, to bring someone another body must go. Only Steen is waiver exempt.
Pain in the butt but thems the rules.

Thought the taxi squad was till the deadline?

I'm probably wrong.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

This is him this year.

View attachment 506121

View attachment 506122

could you maybe have made a PowerPoint for the Bruins front office sometime last June? How does any team that uses this stuff sign him for 2 years and almost 8 mil?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thought the taxi squad was till the deadline?

I'm probably wrong.

NHL, NHLPA agree to temporary taxi squads for COVID-19

Clubs will be permitted to form Taxi Squads on a temporary basis beginning on Dec. 26, 2021 (subject to Holiday Roster Freeze restrictions), and lasting through the date of their final game prior to the scheduled dates for the 2022 All-Star Break. After each Club's final game before the All-Star Break, its Taxi Squad will dissolve. Clubs may then recall or Reassign the Players that were assigned to the Taxi Squad.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

This is him this year.

View attachment 506121

View attachment 506122
Well all you can do is hope Bruins make playoffs and he plays hard in them and hits alot. That's all we can do unless traded which is not likely.

Reactions: burstnbloom

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
could you maybe have made a PowerPoint for the Bruins front office sometime last June? How does any team that uses this stuff sign him for 2 years and almost 8 mil?

It really does boggle the mind, Lou. I assume they felt he would provide veteran leadership (and maybe he does), stability, and some physical play. Do you pay 3.8m x2 for that, though, and little else? Seriously terrible decision as it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad