GDT: Game 44 | Blue Jackets @ Predators | 1/17 8pm

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
:cbj @ :nashville

CBJ (13-28-2) @ NSH (20-17-6)

Lines? Who knows. Sillinger is in, Foudy is out. Kent Johnson moves to the wing. Tarasov gets the start in net.

This game was originally scheduled for November 26th and would have been the 21st game of the season. Seven more games after tonight before the All-Star Break.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
We're getting Lankian tonight, supposedly. The first Big Brother are always exciting. Former Jackets Ryjo and Duchense lead the way with three points apiece, Josi gets four to help my fantasy team. 4-3 Preds

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
We're getting Lankian tonight, supposedly. The first Big Brother are always exciting. Former Jackets Ryjo and Duchense lead the way with three points apiece, Josi gets four to help my fantasy team. 4-3 Preds

I added RyJo to my fantasy roster today. So I won’t get mad if he has 2 goals and assist.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nyquist-Jenner-Johnson looked good. Jenner has failed that pass to the defenseman on the other side of the ice a few times in the last couple games. His sticks have taken a beating after each bad pass

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Johnny has looked better this game than in the last couple of games.

Forsberg attempted the Michigan on Tarasov, but Tarry was alert and saved it. Also Nashville has the "first" international Michigan man who is often overlooked by NHL folks, Mikael Granlund, and I can't help but post this from 2011 (so way before Svechnikov did it in the NHL for the first time):

Still to this day one of the most beautiful Michigans even if we Finns are biased. The look on the goalie is priceless. Legendary local broadcast call. This was a semifinal game no less, 0-0, against a good Russian team. This goal helped keep the momentum and win 3-0, and Finland went on to win its second ever World Championship gold and this was the moment that defined the tournament. It caused a national craze and they made an official postage stamp of it - and was essentially the beginning of the current Finnish hockey era where we started winning with confidence.

Anyhow I digress. It's just a bit slow here so... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: NotTooWideArena

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1-0 NSH Cody Glass with a shot from the middle. Good shift by Nashville there, Forsberg made the pass. NSH PP now (but we got a better chance with Roslo making a superb pass to Nyquist up front who tried to go five hole on Lankinen, but no dice).

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Lankinen makes two good saves on CBJ PP to keep it 1-0. For once we had a reasonably good PP1 (for our standards). Still too slow but at least some quality chances.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
2-0 NSH on a nice play from behind the net, Josi to Trenin and it's past Tarasov. Tarry had good positioning and was beat on the far side. With that I'll go to sleep, it's been an okay game and we're leading 25-22 in shots, just haven't been able to score on our chances (Lankinen has played great)...

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
At times I like to view Marchenko as poor man's Tage Thompson. There might be much more offensive upside in him than I thought prior to the season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This place is dead huh
1551340C-A787-461E-A237-C18ABF734608.jpeg

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Really hoping our finishing struggles will carry over through the end of week. We're most likely going to outshoot and outchance ANA and SJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad