BRUINS GDT GAME 44 - 1771 days since B's beat Caps at home, IT ENDS TONIGHT!!! - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
If he didn't allow the goal to Backstrom but allowed three of the clear-cut breakaways and wide-open one-timers would you blame him then. Would that work better for you.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Let's not overreact. He made several fantastic saves tonight. He let in one bad goal which appeared to be deflected

All 3 goals he had a good look at, not screened, deflected or was he in a helpless position. That 3rd goal was unacceptable and was the difference. When you play top teams you can't be letting in those kinds of goals, especially against the Caps who we have no luck against.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kid line looked good again. I have no issue with the effort tonight. Hard to win against elite teams when you continue to send a gimped second line out night after night. Another year, same issue as the year before. Front office has to do something.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
All 3 goals he had a good look at, not screened, deflected or was he in a helpless position. That 3rd goal was unacceptable and was the difference. When you play top teams you can't be letting in those kinds of goals, especially against the Caps who we have no luck against.
If you're blaming him for the first two goals I'm out. Good night everyone

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
Need a 2nd line wing, they played ok. At least the goalie controversy is over.

Backes is a stone handed anchor for 46 and 74. No need to move Donato up, the kid line is fine.

Can't wait to have McAvoy back so we don't need to see big minutes from Krug and Miller.

Btw Carlo is currently our best dman!!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My take from this game. Yeah they got a lot of shots but one and dones. Washington is just too heavy for them to win many battles especially in front of their net. I like our team but I just don’t see them being any threat in the playoffs without a bit more size.

Size has zero to do with tonight’s result. B’s didn’t finish, but they outplayed the “heavy” Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad