GDT: Game 43 - New York Islanders @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more futuristic posters: @GeorgeJETson

GergeJETson-GDT1.jpg

George JETson was born to parents James and Joan JETson in Orbit City...

GergeJETson-Baby.jpg

George was a sweet child, although he did have a few anger management issues...

GergeJETson-Angry.jpg

But his mother took the time to set him straight and taught him manners and etiquette...

GergeJETson-Young.jpg

Young George so desperately wanted to be an actor, and was cast in an episode of the Powerpuff Girls...

GergeJETson-Powerpuff.jpg

But after his appearance, he was fired and George's dream vanished. In searching for a job, he ended up at Spacely Space Sprockets, and he was hired right on the spot...

GergeJETson-Sprockets.jpg

George was living the life he never dreamed could be possible...

GergeJETson-WorkingHard.jpg

Then one day, he met the president and owner of the company, Cosmo G. Spacely, and the meeting did not go well...

GergeJETson-SpacelyMad.jpg

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't please Mr. Spacely...

GergeJETson-WorriedAtWork.jpg

Then one day, he was fired from his job, George was beside himself...

GergeJETson-FacePalm.jpg

But as luck would have it, Spencer Cogswell, the owner of Cogswell's Cosmic Cogs, heard of his plight and offered him a job with his company...

GergeJETson-CogswellCogs.jpg

George hardly had time to settle in, when Mr. Spacely offered him his old job back, with a modest raise...

GergeJETson-Spacely.jpg

To celebrate, the JETsons had a night on the town, eating at McDonald's, which he could now afford...

GergeJETson-Family.jpg

When they got back, George settled down to watch his favourite team play...

GergeJETson-JetsonTSN.jpg

And the rest, they say, is the future, oops, I mean history...

The 28-10-4 Winnipeg Jets take on the 19-14-10 New York Islanders in the last match on this four-game homestand at Canada Life Centre at 7:00pm CST. The Jets are coming off of a 2-0 loss at the hands of the Philadelphia Flyers, their first regulation loss after a franchise record eight straight wins, and are now 8-1-1 in their last ten games. The Islanders lost 5-0 last night to the Minnesota Wild and are now 3-6-1 in their last ten games. Can Winnipeg rebound from their loss and start a new winning streak? Will we see Mark Scheifele or Kyle Connor in the lineup tonight, or will they get another day off to recuperate? Do the Islanders really use fish sticks? Will Halibut, I mean, Hellebuyck be in goal? Will @Duke749 be our unlucky charm tonight, or was that just a coincidence? These questions and more will not be answered tonight, as I will probably still be at work, sound alseep in a corner somewhere...

AsleepOnForklift2.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Nice one @macmaroon to honour the famous dice-throwing self-deprecating stand-up Chat GPT wielding denizen of the board @GeorgeJETson!

Now depth charged coelacanths, flex thine prototypical estuary splitting musculature and smash the haddock-peddling hokey hirsuit sea-faring east-coast fish-mongering parodies of themselves.

Their recent uniform makeover strips the Isles of what little character they once had. An open cardigan on the high seas is a misnomer, a farce, a dry shore leave and a quick way to sail straight into the snorting blowhole of hell.

9lDJiRADAUGiULs9LVSrqWRg9dSW8yE3seBuiKAZkhE.jpeg

(Official NHL gear stock photo)

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
This would be an excellent game for the boys to reform in slightly new lines with the same purpose and drive they had before. Forget win streaks or records or comparisons to 2018, just focus on keeping to the plan and playing with structure. They've shown they can buy into Bowness' schemes, they just need to execute them the way they can.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Some say Isle’s faults are youth, some wantonness;
Big Bones sees it all, rares back and gives a gentle hork;
Captain Lurch embodies all grace and leads more, shames less;
And employs pure zone D systems that shine with beaut’’d resort.
As on the finger of a much coveted home-town ice queen
The basest shiny bauble will be well esteem'd,
Aye and so forced Island’d errors that in they are seen
To high dangers translated and for Sorokin, pain deem'd.
How many sea-borne lambs might these ravening Jets betray,
If like a befuddled Barzal he could his play translate!
How many skaters mightst Jets be forced not to play,
Aye, and flex thine depth to use the strength of all thy state!
Number 1 make it so; I love a 60 min game in such sort
Thou hast hit thine prime, see’st this game out with good retort.

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Great work again @macmaroon , maybe George will bring us luck. Think the Jets come out flying and the Islanders won't know what hit them.....
:laugh:

That would be different; usually when I'm mentioned in the same sentence as luck, it often also has the word 'bad' in front of it :laugh:

Music for tonight, Jets are Good Enough to win the Cup .:nod:

We will indeed win the Stanley Cup. Only question is will it be Lord's or Logan's? :laugh:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
This would be an excellent game for the boys to reform in slightly new lines with the same purpose and drive they had before. Forget win streaks or records or comparisons to 2018, just focus on keeping to the plan and playing with structure. They've shown they can buy into Bowness' schemes, they just need to execute them the way they can.
With that thought in mind and the possibility that we will be missing some key pieces tonight, some who have been out awhile and others with recent bumps and bruises I have totally reconfigured the lines for tonights game.

Appleton-Appleton-Appleton

Stanley-Stanley
Stanley-Stanley
Stanley-Stanley

Pavelec
Stanley/Appleton

What say you HF Jets. Is this lineup smoking or what?:sarcasm:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With that thought in mind and the possibility that we will be missing some key pieces tonight, some who have been out awhile and others with recent bumps and bruises I have totally reconfigured the lines for tonights game.

Stanley-Stanley
Stanley-Stanley
Stanley-Stanley

Pavelec
Stanley/Appleton

What say you HF Jets. Is this lineup smoking or what?:sarcasm:
This lineup brought to you by @sipowicz .:naughty::laugh:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
thanks Mac

I hear Jetson has an iguana fetish too ........

View attachment 804201

So, iguana see better play from our special teams tonight

And now, I'll show myself out now .......... :facepalm:
Funny you should bring that up--I heard a rumour that Scheifele is out because he strained his iguanal area. Maybe he has a fetish too....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad