GDT: Game 43: Coyotes @ Canucks - 8PM - FSAZ - S9E1

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
BTW we were pretty bad that OT except for Chychrun and Kuemper. And Panik now.

I didn't notice Richardson get any shifts either? or did I just miss it?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It was Star Wars night in Vancouver.....

33922859.jpg

Reactions: johnchayka89

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Oesterle was pretty good though he lost a lot of puck battles as usual.
Garland wasn't great all game but he kept working.
One of Panik's best games.
Lyubushkin still looks good in limited minutes.
Kuemper maybe wasn't a+ but a solid B+ effort.
Richardson was aces on the PK as usual.
Crouse, Fischer, Kempe, Dauphin, Keller were....there I guess.
Hinostroza was all over the place shift to shift. Some good, some bad.
Chychrun made a few questionable reads but was probably our best transition D.
Hjalmarrsson blocked everything.
OEL and Goligoski fought with the puck a lot, weren't handling it very well tonight.
Stepan was pretty solid but not a standout either. Though his highsticking penalty was pretty dumb.
Galchenyuk was a lot like Hinostroza, shift to shift up and down. One great play though was a huge factor.
Kicky Sticky Nicky did his usual thing.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
In relative terms, half the team has more goals than Keller.

zWD2Vq4.png

I pulled this off hockey reference, but now think these numbers are not right. Hammer has no goals this season, so how does he register on the chart? Perhaps it's a team metric? :huh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Another bad game from Keller, so naturally here he comes with the OT winner.
I only watched the first two periods, but Stepan's line was god awful and then I look at the stat sheet and they did absolutely nothing, yet they get the most minutes, again. What I'am I missing. Stepan gets minutes regardless of how his play is, who he plays with. The game was a snooze fest to begin with, but I thought it was one of Stepan's worst games this year. He must have really turned it up in the third.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Considering Fish has more goals than Keller, hard to say he has been a bigger disappointment.
That is the only stat that is sort of not terrible. He has been invisible most nights. After last year I expected much more. Keller will have to adjust as teams are playing him much more physical this year.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Watched it just now, unspoiled.

I thought this was a fun game. Good thing to not watch the active tanking Rangers was doing last time, that was awful, and should be rewarded with losing all picks in the drafts. Of course I agree with everybody Cousins kicked that one in. I got the impression the refs were more friendly to Yotes than most refs. Or, what was that? Was the Canucks diving? Not used to the feeling the Yotes are playing so sneaky w/ regards to the rules... Except Cousins of course. :naughty:

And Panik can shoot. He is one of the few who can. Hjalmarsson can block. And he does it all the time.

Keller should be traded while he has high value... This is getting painful. :skeptic:

Reactions: Pomee

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I only watched the first two periods, but Stepan's line was god awful and then I look at the stat sheet and they did absolutely nothing, yet they get the most minutes, again. What I'am I missing. Stepan gets minutes regardless of how his play is, who he plays with. The game was a snooze fest to begin with, but I thought it was one of Stepan's worst games this year. He must have really turned it up in the third.

Stepan gets minutes because he plays 200 feet. Even if he isn’t on the score sheet he’s often making a defensive play that saves our ass. He made a number of those last night.

Both teams were checking each other so hard last night it was an anal convention. So defensive play by the forwards made made a big difference.

Reactions: Jormungandr

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stepan gets minutes because he plays 200 feet. Even if he isn’t on the score sheet he’s often making a defensive play that saves our ass. He made a number of those last night.

Both teams were checking each other so hard last night it was an anal convention. So defensive play by the forwards made made a big difference.
It was a terrible game last night. Nobody could complete a pass, on both teams, and it had nothing to do with checking. There were turnovers galore and I thought the first line, or so called first line was terrible. Maybe it was because it was late and my vision was blurred.

Reactions: RemoAZ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It was a terrible game last night. Nobody could complete a pass, on both teams, and it had nothing to do with checking. There were turnovers galore and I thought the first line, or so called first line was terrible. Maybe it was because it was late and my vision was blurred.

Heavy checking games tend to do that. ;)

There were some self-inflicted gaffes on both sides as well, but for the most part it was one of those 200 foot scrums with an occasional cycle breaking out.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
One a side-note, how many goals has been allowed before the first whistle, after a "successful" PK now? I have a feeling it's a lot.

It's almost like, short of taking a penalty, the team really needs a whistle there... Probably not a good plan against McDavid, but I'll take an icing if necessary...

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Seems you're more often than not coming here, stating you didn't see the entire game and then telling everyone "how it is". Maybe try watching a COMPLETE game and THEN come out slinging those guns?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Seems you're more often than not coming here, stating you didn't see the entire game and then telling everyone "how it is". Maybe try watching a COMPLETE game and THEN come out slinging those guns?
Are you saying it was a good game, both teams clicking on all cylinders?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00