GDT: Game #43 - 1.09.14 - at New Jersey - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Playing "smart" without the puck = the other team hasn't scored on any of their numerous scoring chances yet.

If anything the Stars are playing worse than they did last time out.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I have seen nothing to indicate that Eakin and Nichushkin have any kind of chemistry. Really don't like these lines.

Kari seems more focused tonight than he has been. Maybe having the Olympic selection behind him is a relief.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I love how every other team can just walk the puck out of their zone against us, but it's a war to clear our zone unless Seguin and Benn are on the ice.

At some point our forwards need to start doing a much better job in the transition game. It seems a lot of zone exit attempts die up on the half boards when they have to make a play on the puck.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Jordie ends up taking that penalty because his laterally mobility really isn't that great, no way it should take him that long to crossover and pursue that puck.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
The reason our penalty kill has been leaking goals razor is because it is literally the worst in the league at allowing shot attempts by the opposition.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Good play by Gonchar there after Dillon try to hang him with that pass.

I feel I should try to say one good thing about him this year.

aloonda*

Jordie ends up taking that penalty because his laterally mobility really isn't that great, no way it should take him that long to crossover and pursue that puck.

jamie really doesn't have great hips either imo
he has massive skill to offset it
but hips to turn? not so much, jordie is worse though

aloonda*

this is one of the first games I can remeber in a long time where we are losing faceoffs this bad?

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
The reason our penalty kill has been leaking goals razor is because it is literally the worst in the league at allowing shot attempts by the opposition.

It looks somewhat passive almost as if only one guy chases the puck at the time and the rest stand still in a tight formation.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stars hanging on by the skin of their teeth for most of that 1st. Not a good start and not the way you'd want a team to respond that just got humbled in their previous game.

I do like seeing Jamie on the PK though. I've been dismayed by the fact that this coaching staff has given him almost no responsibility on the kill. With his faceoff skill and ability to be a threat shorthanded they're missing out. In fact I'll go as far as to say that he's a better PKer than PPer.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Stars hanging on by the skin of their teeth for most of that 1st. Not a good start and not the way you'd want a team to respond that just got humbled in their previous game.

I do like seeing Jamie on the PK though. I've been dismayed by the fact that this coaching staff has given him almost no responsibility on the kill. With his faceoff skill and ability to be a threat shorthanded they're missing out. In fact I'll go as far as to say that he's a better PKer than PPer.

agreed but it felt like that long shift in the offensive zone from the benn seguin pevs line shifted the momentum. we will see in the 2nd.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah the Detroit game felt more to me like even the Stars could've been the ones blowing out Detroit if a few things fell together differently.

I'm not convinced the Seguin line shifted the momentum more than just the Stars play better when that line is on the ice in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad