GDT: Game #43 - 1.09.14 - at New Jersey - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Far be it for me to defend Roussel, but this seems like awfully selective discipline from Ruff to bench Roussel while Garbutt, who takes even more stupid penalties, not only continues to play, but plays up the lineup over his head.

Brand New Stars

That seems like the perfect setting to watch the team right now.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Jeffrey falls in the Gaunce "just a guy" territory. You can tell me all about how Sceviour isn't playing because of waivers, this and that, but the fact is this team needs more in every category and putting a better player in the minors because of contract BS (a contract that ends this year in UFA no less) is unacceptable. Roussel has his bad moments but he's an everyday NHL player to me.

Dress and play your best players and make room for them if you have to. Fiddler has been almost completely invisible out there in the last month or two.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Personnel decisions have been dog **** for several years now with this franchise. Woywitka, Pardy, Jordie Benn, Horcoff, Goligoski, Garbutt, etc.

I thought a new coaching staff and GM might help but nope. Sceviour gets sent back down because of contract even though he belongs in the NHL. Sign and overpay for garbage like Horcoff. Pick up Jeffrey who adds nothing. Overplay Goose who is not even a top 4 dman on a good team. Never give KConn any powerplay time even though he's the only point man who can get his shot through.

That top line is being wasted and I feel bad for them.

I thought Eakin was absolutely awful tonight and he along with Chaisson continue to be invisible on offense.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
lol, the vuvuzela is hated by all devils fans except for the fans in section 122 who call themselves the diablos(devils in spanish) and stand up the whole game and blow that stupid horn on the pk and all game. nobody really likes them or the horn. and the glass banging is the mascot banging a drum which is not as bad as the horn.

Brand New Stars

My favorite part of your post is the explaining of "diablos" to what amounts to a good portion of Texans.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
lol, the vuvuzela is hated by all devils fans except for the fans in section 122 who call themselves the diablos(devils in spanish) and stand up the whole game and blow that stupid horn on the pk and all game. nobody really likes them or the horn. and the glass banging is the mascot banging a drum which is not as bad as the horn.

I always thought that trumpet in Detroit was the worst sounding thing ever, then that damn "Go Kings Go!" in L.A., that horn takes the cake.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My favorite part of your post is the explaining of "diablos" to what amounts to a good portion of Texans.

I had to laugh at this as well.. Should I add that we have a really good BBQ restaurant next to the arena, which is this interesting variety of food consisting primarily of beef and pork that is smoked and then grilled on an open flame? :sarcasm:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I was actually referring to Dallas's own "glass banging guy"....a season ticket holder who will bang repeatedly on the glass whenever he's behind the away team's goalie and the play is in their end. Been doing it for years, and it's unfortunately way too easy to pick up in the broadcast.

rudiger

I like hockey
Jan 24, 2013
Denton County
At least I now know that Tyler hates to lose...

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge
Tyler Seguin: "We are wanting to win, but we are not hating to lose. I think that is a big thing we need to fix.â€

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Lol I know a lot of people in Texas speak Spanish but he you may not know that devils is diablos in Spanish. Who knows.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
I can ignore the horn, just like I ignore our glass banger, but oh my God. That freakin Cartman chant in LA is unbelievably annoying.
I agree about the go kings go chant it is horrible. The real reason the devils are the least penalized team in the nhl is because they don't fight a lot, but I'm sure hearing ERRRR kill ERRRRRR kill does not make them want to take a penalty :laugh:

Jack of Blades

Nov 14, 2013
Dallas
I was actually referring to Dallas's own "glass banging guy"....a season ticket holder who will bang repeatedly on the glass whenever he's behind the away team's goalie and the play is in their end. Been doing it for years, and it's unfortunately way too easy to pick up in the broadcast.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the guy in the tan colored blazer would you? I've seen him on multiple occasions behind the net. He bangs on the glass every chance he gets.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I wanted to stab the horn people. Jesus what a beating all game long. I'm not sure I could be in that arena live all game with that.

Jordie was again awful. The problem is we have two potentially good defensemen, Dillon and Connauton. Daley is decent and he helps Goligoski but man I want to trade like 5 guys back there and unfortunately I don't think that's going to collectively happen before the start of next season.

Props to NJ but they sucked the life out of that game. I've hated them since the 2000 Cup Finals and nothing in the meantime has changed my mind though I wouldn't mind a few of their defenders.

The number of passengers is increasing by the game and a playoff team cannot lose on the road in the East. I can't say stick a fork just yet but they've basically undone all the points they earned in December.

At this point I worry if they'll even be able to sell the vets for much of anything at the TDL.

MetalGodAOD*

I wanted to stab the horn people. Jesus what a beating all game long. I'm not sure I could be in that arena live all game with that.
It was rough. I don't think I've ever left a hockey game as miserable as I left this game. Between the horns, the boringness of the game, and the Stars hitting a 4 game losing streak, it was pretty sobering.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Eh, we're a young team. We were gonna hit a stretch like this eventually - no need to get all down in the dumps about it. It's how we play immediately after the Olympic break that will make or break our season. Those first 4 or 5 games are absolutely crucial and we have to come out flying or else we can write this season off like the past 5.

Brand New Stars

I don't understand any stretch being more important than another in such a competitive Western conference.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I don't understand any stretch being more important than another in such a competitive Western conference.

The problem is they played .625 for the latter part of November and all of December and only crawled up the standings like 4 points. If you blow it now Dallas will be too far back to make a push after the Olympics. I don't think this is a playoff team and these last four games have reinforced that belief but to give themselves a chance they can't fall by the wayside in early January.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
This 4 game stretch killed the playoffs for this team. Absolutely no chance of getting in with this conference now.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Eh we should be use to not making the playoffs. Personally i don't care anymore if we make it or not, i don't think getting blown out by the Hawks is going to be fun.

I take this team with a grain of salt and hope down the line we will be good, but the management has gotta get the problems fixed on defense, PP, and so on and so forth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad