Pre-Game Talk: Game #42: Vancouver Canucks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - Wednesday, Jan.1st 7:00PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Dimitri Filipovic ‏@DimFilipovic 2m

Wait, what? pic.twitter.com/eQYfpQSF8H

Bc6ttceCQAAc045.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 19s

Luongo speaks. Will not dress vs TBay but getting close. Says he was hurt on an Evander Kane shot, not collision with Byfuglien.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I had a chance to go to this game for free (haven't been to a game since January 2011), but illness has prevented me from going to this and celebrating New Years. 2014 has started off very poorly. :cry:

Wetcoaster

Luongo close but will not dress for the TBL game:

And the Canucks TV Preview:

Wetcoaster

Tortorella speaks. Tortorella pumps the tires of current grinder Sestito and former sniper St. Louis

On Tom Sestito:

“As I told Tommy, when I saw Tommy playing in Philly, he was playing like a clown,†said Tortorella, who saw him plenty of when he coaching with the Rangers. “I thought he was an absolute idiot on the ice. He was not accomplishing anything.

“When I came here, I was concerned about what I had there. But I’ve watched him. I’ve watched him grow as a teammate, how he steps in when he needs to step in. He understands the game within the game. It was nice to see him score a goal the other night.

“I think the biggest thing for Tommy is that I think he got himself in better shape. I don’t think he was in great shape when he started the season. It’s a great lesson for him for next year.â€​

On Martin St. Louis:

“I don’t like talking about other teams players, but I owe him the respect to talk about him,†said Tortorella, “He’s a great model for players who have been told ‘no.’

“He was told so many things, that he couldn’t play in the league. Him and [Rangers goalie] Henrik Lundqvist are two of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever coached.

“He’s the real stuff as far what’s inside of him. It’s a great thing to look at. As far as the size of a player, whatâ™s inside of him is more important.â€​

[nhl]526444[/nhl]

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
On Martin St. Louis:

“I don’t like talking about other teams players, but I owe him the respect to talk about him,†said Tortorella, “He’s a great model for players who have been told ‘no.’

“He was told so many things, that he couldn’t play in the league. Him and [Rangers goalie] Henrik Lundqvist are two of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever coached.

“He’s the real stuff as far what’s inside of him. It’s a great thing to look at. As far as the size of a player, what’s inside of him is more important.â€​

I wonder if these comments have something to do with Tortorella being 5'8"? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad