GDT: Game 42 - Philadelphia Flyers @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 13th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - CITYTV - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Rocky-01.jpg

Rocky-02.jpg

Rocky-03.jpg

Rocky-04.jpg

Rocky-05.jpg

Rocky-06.jpg

Rocky-07.jpg

Rocky-08.jpg

Rocky-09.jpg

Rocky-10.jpg

Rocky-11.jpg

Rocky-12.jpg

Rocky-13.jpg

Rocky-14.jpg

Rocky-15.jpg

Rocky-16.jpg

Rocky-17.jpg

Rocky-18.jpg

Rocky-19.jpg

Rocky-20.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That is awesome, and the punchline totally caught me out of left field, I was expecting something like 'he bet the under' but that would have been too on-the-nose. Or maybe the "Tortorella Anytime Conniption" prop.

Not gonna admit, I got a little bit of a wobbly feeling in my stomach about this one, worried about missing Scheifele. But maybe Kupari will be back? I'll wait to see the lineups before I fret.

Go Jets go, in the interim.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets get the Flyers on the back end of a b2b with the Wild who they beat in OT and probably flew in late in the morning. KFC out, Scheifele probably out but the Jets should still be able to continue collecting points.

I'd definitely consider us favorites to win, but of course anything can happen. As we almost saw in Chicago >.<

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Time for tasty libation’d beer to wet a fan's whistle
Aye, dozens of kegs thou consumest in thy hockey’d life?
If Wounded Jets shalt hap to stir and then give a shizzle,
This board will guzzle well, and salute the healing Scheif;
The Jets world will hold their breath for thine convalescence
While thine deep Jets hast plays beauted five on five,
While our special teams coach fights his own putrescence
Perfecto, Lardo, Fly bring thine “A” game in kind.
Behold what energy these armoured kids doth spend
Shifts played at pace, and still we fans enjoys it;
And Helly's glove ends Torts' angry world, sees to its end,
Lets keep Flayers abused, their gutless game; destroy it.
No love toward Philly squad in our bosom sits
Its on a buttered Tort that such atrocious play commits.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Another brilliant GDT that we've come to expect. That punchline was perfect.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the old "back half of a b2b, went into overtime, late getting into bed" meme. These Flyers can be a miserably tough team, like their coach, and we'll have to do way better than our Hawks effort if we're going to keep the streak going.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just For Fun (and if I have the stamina to do it) me and Mort are going to watch every shift of Appleton and see what results. I see him giving the puck away, failing to clear and losing board battles consistently, whereas Mort doesn't.

Well examine each battle and possession tonight to see what the impact of Appleton is.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Another brilliant GDT that we've come to expect. That punchline was perfect.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the old "back half of a b2b, went into overtime, late getting into bed" meme. These Flyers can be a miserably tough team, like their coach, and we'll have to do way better than our Hawks effort if we're going to keep the streak going.

This is why I really try and emphasize the nature of luck in this game we love, even when the favorite wins. Let's not think that our winning streak is because we've become some infallible team. We've played very well and we've gotten some breaks. Maybe we won't get the breaks this time, but that shouldn't stop us from playing exactly how we know how to. Playing with "Perfetti blocking a shot with 3 seconds left in a 5-0 game" dedication. Put the inputs in and cheer for some good outputs, and we may just keep our hands on the steering wheel of the league for one more night :)

Just For Fun (and if I have the stamina to do it) me and Mort are going to watch every shift of Appleton and see what results. I see him giving the puck away, failing to clear and losing board battles consistently, whereas Mort doesn't.

Well examine each battle and possession tonight to see what the impact of Appleton is.
Everytime that Appleton gives up the puck, take a shot of Appleton :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad