GDT: [Game #42] Dallas Stars @ New York Islanders - 6:30 PM CT (BSSWX)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think that was an easy bonus/smart move by DeBoer. It's a mostly no-pressure decision to give Gurianov a chance to feel like he won the game if he pots one.

With Denis never really finding his way, it's a way to show some trust for a player who has probably lost most of his confidence. Unfortunately, he didn't score but we still won.

..buuuut I understand your concern :D

Getting put out as a pity pick doesn't gain confidence I don't think.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Getting put out as a pity pick doesn't gain confidence I don't think.
My friend, it's more about boosting a lost cause player's ego than a pity pick.
But sure, that is my perspective.

What else can you do to get the good stuff out of Guri at this point? If no other reason than to attempt to showcase/raise trade value slightly.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My friend, it's more about boosting a lost cause player's ego than a pity pick.
But sure, that is my perspective.

What else can you do to get the good stuff out of Guri at this point? If no other reason than to attempt to showcase/raise trade value slightly.

My friend, the guy is 25 at this point. He is shit, was always shit, and will always be shit. It isn't the coaches, it isn't his work ethic, its just who he is. He isn't a very good NHL player.

Pack up the bags and move on, that is what we do at this point. Putting out such an awful player as a #3 selection is just weird no matter how we try and swing it on these boards as a confidence booster or opportunity, etc. The dude is f***ing 25.. he is past opportunities and babying him along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad