GDT: Game 42: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 1/16 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You might as well keep a defender back there with Bob anytime Kreider is on the ice. He does this all the time.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Watching the Jackets is a bit like the class nerd trying to date a cheerleader. They can't score.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Waiting for buss to go on another rant about how Dubinsky is more valuable than Johansen still. And how he's just as good offensively, and we should trade Joey to Nashville for Seth Jones or whatever the hell he proposed in the summer.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Loved Anderson's game tonight in his debut. Would love to see more of him in the future. If he brings the effort he brought tonight then I can't see him being a '4th liner' like some people are saying his career projection is to be. People are very quick to judge nowadays.

His performance tonight, precisely because of his effort, was exactly what you want from a fourth liner. The fact that he didn't score is entirely consistent with his career to date, and suggests he won't be a scoring line player.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Even though it went of Bob and Hartnell, neither guy had possession. The ref actually waved it off (which was correct) on the ice so they would've needed "definitive proof" to reverse it. Klein's stick was just above the cross bar, but the longer it went on the more I thought we would see the unthinkable, again.

I also don't know why Wennberg is at the dot at the end. Letestu or Dubinsky should be in that position every game. Even Johansen over Wennberg. There wasn't a single time tonight Wennberg looked "dominant" or even above average at draws. I'm sure his corsi was fantastic though.

My bigger issue is that Wennberg has scored ONE goal in his NHL career. I'd rather have a guy out score that can score in that situation.

thebus2288*

Waiting for buss to go on another rant about how Dubinsky is more valuable than Johansen still. And how he's just as good offensively, and we should trade Joey to Nashville for Seth Jones or whatever the hell he proposed in the summer.

Sorry bout the Wennberg talk bud but this is really the game you decided to throw this out there?

Dubinsky was better than Johansen tonight...

And pretty sure each trade to Nashville(who's in what place?) had 2(or 3) of Forsberg, Smith, Wilson and Weber coming to Columbus. Fairly even value.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Anderson, as I said time and time again in training camp, is going to be a really solid player for this team. He has made the most of his time in Springy and I could really see him staying up for a substantial amount of time.

Played a good game tonight, but Lundqvist was on point, couldn't beat him. If we are going to tank, I wouldn't mind seeing the games be like tonight's. Still good value for your dollar but movin' on up in the draft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sorry bout the Wennberg talk bud but this is really the game you decided to throw this out there?

Dubinsky was better than Johansen tonight...

And pretty sure each trade to Nashville(who's in what place?) had 2(or 3) of Forsberg, Smith, Wilson and Weber coming to Columbus. Fairly even value.

Well I mean yeah, he has a franchise record point streak. Sorry, should I have waited until it ended?

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Couldn't bury our chances and it came back to bite us. Good effort tonight. If we could play some more teams on the 2nd night of back to backs, we have a shot.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
Anderson, as I said time and time again in training camp, is going to be a really solid player for this team. He has made the most of his time in Springy and I could really see him staying up for a substantial amount of time.

Played a good game tonight, but Lundqvist was on point, couldn't beat him. If we are going to tank, I wouldn't mind seeing the games be like tonight's. Still good value for your dollar but movin' on up in the draft.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on that. I am very surprised to see so many positive things about Anderson because he has not been a positive here. He was terrible for the first 20 games and has been neutral at best the second 20.

thebus2288*

Well I mean yeah, he has a franchise record point streak. Sorry, should I have waited until it ended?

Points in the standings are worth more than points on the scoresheet.

Rick Nash Syndrome

If people had the same feelings and treated Zherdev the way people have treated and coddled Wennberg he'd still be in Columbus scoring 30-40 every year. Fact.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Points in the standings are worth more than points on the scoresheet.

Rick Nash Syndrome

If people had the same feelings and treated Zherdev the way people have treated and coddled Wennberg he'd still be in Columbus scoring 30-40 every year. Fact.

I get that we have been coddling Wennberg. You could have found a more accurate way of displaying that rather than making some bizarre comparison to Zherdev, who is such a headcase he is barely welcome in the KHL.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I get your point, but a pretty poor analogy.

I'm not sure about being "coddled". He seems to be playing a pretty decent 2-way game for a first year. Wennberg is actually a plus player this month. He's not getting rewarded, but he's working.

Zherdev, in his prime, wouldn't have fit in with this team. He simply took too many nights off and wasn't invested in the team. I don't see that as an issue with Wennberg.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Well, at least it was an entertaining game. But no shocker, we cant score. Anderson or Boll, you cant have them both on the lineup. And obviously, its a no brainer that you keep the one with one NHL game.

And yes, Wennberg taking a face off, or even being on the ice in those final seconds tells you how bad a of a team we have....or how bad of a coach we have, one of the 2. We're not talking about some rookie whos got like 25-30 points. Thats the best you can throw out for your 6th player? Pathetic. If we do nothing at the trade deadline or before, i will have no faith that this organization truly will do whats needed to win.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Seems to me that we can talk all we want about why guys aren't scoring, but at the end of the day... Guys who aren't scoring need to. Wennberg, Atkinson, whoever it is needs to figure it out and start manufacturing goals.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
His performance tonight, precisely because of his effort, was exactly what you want from a fourth liner. The fact that he didn't score is entirely consistent with his career to date, and suggests he won't be a scoring line player.

Disagree. In his final 2 years of his OHL career with London, he played 127 games. In those 127 games, he had 50 goals... that's not terrible by any means. That's just goal scoring, in those 127 games he had 100 points. I understand he hasn't scored much at the AHL level but I'm not understanding what you mean by "career to date"... junior career included or...? Besides his AHL stats this year, I'm curious as to what stats that you have found suggest that he won't be a scoring line player... because 37 games with Springfield is a very small sample size when it comes to projecting his ultimate potential.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Disagree. In his final 2 years of his OHL career with London, he played 127 games. In those 127 games, he had 50 goals... that's not terrible by any means. That's just goal scoring, in those 127 games he had 100 points. I understand he hasn't scored much at the AHL level but I'm not understanding what you mean by "career to date"... junior career included or...? Besides his AHL stats this year, I'm curious as to what stats that you have found suggest that he won't be a scoring line player... because 37 games with Springfield is a very small sample size when it comes to projecting his ultimate potential.

50 goals in two years? I don't think that's that much scoring in juniors. Boll and plenty of other fourth liners around the league scored 50 goals in their last two years of juniors.

Yes he could exceed expectations, but the expectations should be clear at this point - Anderson is not expected to be a scoring winger.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Hey guys just wanted to drop by and say your arena is a very nice one and the fans are respectful and passionate as well as knowledgable

Enjoyed myself immensely today, props

Off to Pittsburgh for the game Sunday which will be the total opposite end of the spectrum but whatever ;)

GL on the rest of the year

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
3 season tickets for sale, club level, all offers considered. Can't take this **** anymore. Hope they lose every game the rest of the season

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He can "come a long way" in Springfield. Not in crucial faceoffs with seconds left in games. If you cant tell I'm not really a fan of Wennberg and his game. He might be great when he's 25 but he isn't now.

A Wennberg+Wiz package could get us something pretty good in return.

If those guys are no good why do you think they'd get a good return?

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
We are garbage until we get two top line wingers and get rid of Wiz, Tyutin and Prout with TOP 2 defensemen. We don't have a winger or defensemen on our whole roster that would play on the top line of a playoff team.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I also don't know why Wennberg is at the dot at the end. Letestu or Dubinsky should be in that position every game. Even Johansen over Wennberg. There wasn't a single time tonight Wennberg looked "dominant" or even above average at draws. I'm sure his corsi was fantastic though.

Ok, we might want to get our thoughts organized. For the first part, that is a Richards issue - NOT a Wennberg issue. Richards has been doing things like this for his entire tenure. He's got his own thing for rating players; I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is. I'm not sure he even knows, beyond gut feeling, to be honest.

As far as the last sentence; for christ sake he won 10 of 14 draws. Seems to me you have the same to have the same problem Richards has.

I really don't like Savard; yet I acknowledge when he does things well. You might want to work on your irrational hatridge. Nothing wrong with disliking players, but you have to get beyond it when judging them on a nightly basis. Wennberg had a pretty good game last night. If you couldn't see that; it is YOUR problem. The game before; not so much.

We're probably done; so I have no issue increasing his role. I'm sure Richards isn't thinking that; but accidents happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad