GDT: Game 42: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 1/16 7PM EST

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If those guys are no good why do you think they'd get a good return?

You're asking someone that wants to trade Wennberg (a first round pick, 20 year old, first year pro) based on his "scouting" to rationalize his thoughts? I'm not sure where we're going with this. If you can't see the good a player does because of your dislike there is no basis for logical discourse.

I'm sure he'll come up with something for your response; but I doubt it will be anything more coherent that what has already been posted. About all you can do is dispute his claims; but even that is an exercise in futility.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We are garbage until we get two top line wingers and get rid of Wiz, Tyutin and Prout with TOP 2 defensemen. We don't have a winger or defensemen on our whole roster that would play on the top line of a playoff team.

Ahem. This is funny. Travis Yost, one of the fanciest of the fancy stats community, just posted this, where he comes up with his best definition of who's been a top 2 d-man in the past 4 years. Guess who made the list? Tyutin and Wiz. Tyutin I think is a bit off track lately, while Wiz is playing the best of his career IMO. I think Wiz and Foligno would do well on the top unit of a playoff team right now (Foligno is outscoring Ovechkin, Toews, etc...).

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Ahem. This is funny. Travis Yost, one of the fanciest of the fancy stats community, just posted this, where he comes up with his best definition of who's been a top 2 d-man in the past 4 years. Guess who made the list? Tyutin and Wiz. Tyutin I think is a bit off track lately, while Wiz is playing the best of his career IMO. I think Wiz and Foligno would do well on the top unit of a playoff team right now (Foligno is outscoring Ovechkin, Toews, etc...).

Tyutin and Wiz are constantly getting caught up ice because they are too slow. Wiz was good offensively last year, he's mediocre offensively this year and garbage in his own end. Tyutin has hands of stone with the puck in any fashion and is slow, non-physical and doesn't clear the front of the net. I don't know how many goals I see where Tyutin or Wiz just stand next to a player in front without touching them and they screen Bob or tip it in.

I love Foligno, but he's not in the same conversation as those guys even if his stats are better this season. I honestly don't think we have ever had a true 1-2 defensemen with any offensive skills.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
We are garbage until we get two top line wingers and get rid of Wiz, Tyutin and Prout with TOP 2 defensemen. We don't have a winger or defensemen on our whole roster that would play on the top line of a playoff team.

So last year was an illusion then?

Back away from the ledge...jeebus do some of you have wild swings from one end to another...Come on, you know what you wrote isn't true.

Any offers considered! PM me an offer if you are serious. I'll sell individual games too. I'm tired of spending $100 a game plus the cost of the tickets to watch them lose with no shot at the playoffs, AGAIN

Maybe the solution is to stop drinking ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tyutin and Wiz are constantly getting caught up ice because they are too slow. Wiz was good offensively last year, he's mediocre offensively this year and garbage in his own end. Tyutin has hands of stone with the puck in any fashion and is slow, non-physical and doesn't clear the front of the net. I don't know how many goals I see where Tyutin or Wiz just stand next to a player in front without touching them and they screen Bob or tip it in.

I love Foligno, but he's not in the same conversation as those guys even if his stats are better this season. I honestly don't think we have ever had a true 1-2 defensemen with any offensive skills.

Wiz had a slew of ankle/foot injuries from blocking shots over the years, and it really hurt his skating. His defense was atrocious last year. Now he's got a broken finger slowing his shot, but he's a lot faster and more mobile. You did see him catching that forward on a breakaway the other night, right?

Look at last year's boards and I was complaining about Wiz as much as anyone other than Bus. But Wiz is better now, and I don't know how you don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad