GDT: Game 42 | Blue Jackets @ Red Wings | 1/14 7pm

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
What's the record for NHL games played by a forward without a goal? Foudy is only at 52 so I am sure he has a ways to go.

I may want the #1OA pick which means I am cheering to lose as many games as possible but I did not want to lose after having a 4-0 lead. There is a right way to lose games and a bad way to lose games...and this would have been a really bad one!

Reactions: MAHJ71 and I3LI3

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
What's the record for NHL games played by a forward without a goal? Foudy is only at 52 so I am sure he has a ways to go.

I may want the #1OA pick which means I am cheering to lose as many games as possible but I did not want to lose after having a 4-0 lead. There is a right way to lose games and a bad way to lose games...and this would have been a really bad one!
He’s the ultimate clutch player. Can only score in the playoffs.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
After watching the broadcast crew about every game on FOX and Bally, I’m starting to come around to believing the hyphenator offers more insight than Jody

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Per a random Reddit post:

In the modern era going back the the 1966–67 expansion, the champ has to be a guy named Steven Halko, who between 1997–2003 played 155 games on defence for the Carolina Hurricanes without scoring a goal.

Honorable mention goes to Matt Smaby (2007–11, 122 games, 0 goals) and Dallas Eakins (1992-02, 120 games, 0 goals). Both were also defencemen.

Among forwards, Gordie Dwyer played 108 games with Tampa Bay, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens between 1999 and 2004 without scoring a goal.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Per a random Reddit post:

In the modern era going back the the 1966–67 expansion, the champ has to be a guy named Steven Halko, who between 1997–2003 played 155 games on defence for the Carolina Hurricanes without scoring a goal.

Honorable mention goes to Matt Smaby (2007–11, 122 games, 0 goals) and Dallas Eakins (1992-02, 120 games, 0 goals). Both were also defencemen.

Among forwards, Gordie Dwyer played 108 games with Tampa Bay, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens between 1999 and 2004 without scoring a goal.
Thanks, looks like Liam has his work cut out for him. He gets to play late in the third period when we are up a goal so there's always a chance he gets an empty netter. Of course how often are we actually winning in the last two minutes of play?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks, looks like Liam has his work cut out for him. He gets to play late in the third period when we are up a goal so there's always a chance he gets an empty netter. Of course how often are we actually winning in the last two minutes of play?
Foudy is a joke as an NHL. Always has been. Always will be.

Reactions: I3LI3

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Adam Boquist has been great the last 5 games he’s played.. he was 4 points in last 5 games .. for a +3… he now has 5 points in 12games . This pass was top notch

That's the kind of passing and playmaking from the D we've been missing all season. No Z, no Boqvist, no Bean to jump up into play. And all we get when anyone else jumps up is an odd man rush the other way.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Last night the San Diego Chargers succeeded in doing what the Jackets could only hope to do.

1673800394458.png

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's the kind of passing and playmaking from the D we've been missing all season. No Z, no Boqvist, no Bean to jump up into play. And all we get when anyone else jumps up is an odd man rush the other way.

I'm hoping as much as anyone that this is the start of something for Boqvist. But it's not like his great passing ability is finally showing on the scoresheet, it's more like (hopefully) passing ability developing from scratch. He has had a tendency to play with his head locked forward and not shown the best awareness of his teammates.

I also don't think our injuries are entirely responsible for the weak passing and playmaking from the backend. It was never a strength of that trio. Z and Boqy are primarily snipers with tunnel vision and Bean is maybe average with the puck.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm hoping as much as anyone that this is the start of something for Boqvist. But it's not like his great passing ability is finally showing on the scoresheet, it's more like (hopefully) passing ability developing from scratch. He has had a tendency to play with his head locked forward and not shown the best awareness of his teammates.

I also don't think our injuries are entirely responsible for the weak passing and playmaking from the backend. It was never a strength of that trio. Z and Boqy are primarily snipers with tunnel vision and Bean is maybe average with the puck.
Oh I agree, they aren't exactly the best at it. But I think it's safe to say that they are better at it than just about any of the Dmen behind them. And I would feel better with them activating and playing aggressively than the others behind them as well. As of now we have guys playing more minutes than we want them to, as well as playing out of their element and having to play more aggressive than we would usually want them to.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

I hope Z rethinks his game a bit and I believe he has the tools to do it. Sometimes I've felt like he plays the game like he's the best offensive player on the team - which very well could've been true pre-NHL - always eager to jump in the O-zone to be the guy to finish a play, but that's not what CBJ primarily need from their #1 D-man. If he can trade some of that for better playmaking and defensive awareness I believe he'd do a better job.

With Boqvist I've gotten the idea from somewhere that he's a great all around offensive D-man (or should become one), but I know nothing of him pre-CBJ. It could be I made it up, or maybe he did well in the Swedish league or something, in any case from somewhere I've picked up the expectation for good passing from him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope Z rethinks his game a bit and I believe he has the tools to do it. Sometimes I've felt like he plays the game like he's the best offensive player on the team - which very well could've been true pre-NHL - always eager to jump in the O-zone to be the guy to finish a play, but that's not what CBJ primarily need from their #1 D-man. If he can trade some of that for better playmaking and defensive awareness I believe he'd do a better job.

I like Werenski's D game a lot actually. Just wish he had better vision. It's not impossible to add it late. Doing a lot of neck mobility work helped me, and doing most of your drills while head checking (looking around). No idea if he's already focused on that. Based on a recent interview he doesn't think of himself as a Q Hughes type playmaker, he knows he is a sniper, but I'd like him to try and be the total package.

With Boqvist I've gotten the idea from somewhere that he's a great all around offensive D-man (or should become one), but I know nothing of him pre-CBJ. It could be I made it up, or maybe he did well in the Swedish league or something, in any case from somewhere I've picked up the expectation for good passing from him.

That's what most Jackets fans seem to have thought. I mean Boqvist is an offensively focused player and a high draft pick, you'd assume that means he's a very good passer. That just hasn't been the case in reality, he's just a sniper that otherwise should have been developing in the AHL. Hopefully that is changing. I do like that he dropped the fat and got a lot quicker. That might be opening up some possibilities.

He's a guy that is running out of time in some ways. 5v4 what is his role after Jiricek arrives? And he'll have to be a strong 5v5 producer to offset his struggles with defending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad