Pre-Game Talk: GAME 42 1/30 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits DALLAS - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I have an old Victoriaville stick autographed in a shadow box. It’s awesome. I know his bro-in-law who handles al his memorabilia. Played a lot of golf with him - amazing guy.
Thats my next item for the Orr Cave....I definately want the old school look for the stick. And build a shadow box. I have a sweet Orr winter Classic Jersey signed by Orr , I need to build a shadow box for that as well. Lots of work to make it look fantastic.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I have an Orr autographed puck somewhere (most of my hockey memorabilia is currently in storage unfortunately). I think my dad met him at some event when I was a kid.

My brother attended his sports camp in Ontario in 1970. I was just under 5 years old, and my father sent my little sister and I across the tennis courts to ask for his autograph on a watercolor my father had painted of Bobby coming around the net in full flight. He got down to our level and talked to us for a good 5 minutes after signing the painting. It is the only autograph I've ever asked for in my life, despite many opportunities to request one.

My little brother was an infant on that trip, so young that my mom insisted we get him Christened before we left in case something happened. Later on in the day, my mom walked past Bobby and he asked if he could hold the baby. My mom handed my brother to him, he lifted him up, looked up at him and asked "Are you going to play hockey someday?" My dad looked at my mom and said "Now he's been Christened."

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My brother attended his sports camp in Ontario in 1970. I was just under 5 years old, and my father sent my little sister and I across the tennis courts to ask for his autograph on a watercolor my father had painted of Bobby coming around the net in full flight. He got down to our level and talked to us for a good 5 minutes after signing the painting. It is the only autograph I've ever asked for in my life, despite many opportunities to request one.

My little brother was an infant on that trip, so young that my mom insisted we get him Christened before we left in case something happened. Later on in the day, my mom walked past Bobby and he asked if he could hold the baby. My mom handed my brother to him, he lifted him up, looked up at him and asked "Are you going to play hockey someday?" My dad looked at my mom and said "Now he's been Christened."

LOL he nailed it. I always find a way to miss the perfect thing to say and think of it like 30 minutes later haha

Reactions: Lordstanley

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

I for one love stories like that.....it brings you back to a time when life seemed easier and people cared more.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Alright y'all, gettin ready to head out to Dallas for the game. We'll be on the left side looking at the B's bench, first row on the glass a couple seats in. If I catch the camera going by I'll wave to you :).
Make a sign that says :"HI HF":D

I will watch for you!

will you be wearing black and gold?

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Alright y'all, gettin ready to head out to Dallas for the game. We'll be on the left side looking at the B's bench, first row on the glass a couple seats in. If I catch the camera going by I'll wave to you :).

Having a cold one in the lounge at the W Dallas hotel (mariott) across street. Neely Jersey coming out shortly, lots of Bruins fans arriving.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I seen a lot of bruins games in a lot of cities. Everywhere but Boston lol. Always amazes me at the bruins fans at ever game. Original 6 team combine with the great Bobby Orr, certainly makes for Bruins fans everywhere.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I seen a lot of bruins games in a lot of cities. Everywhere but Boston lol. Always amazes me at the bruins fans at ever game. Original 6 team combine with the great Bobby Orr, certainly makes for Bruins fans everywhere.
Well you need to put a game at TD on the bucket list. Someday when I can travel more I would love to see a few games up North....Montreal , Toronto , Ottawa , Buffalo ,

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad