GDT: Game 41: Rags @ Knights. Last game before mandated CBA break

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Too bad they only come to town once a year...Tonight's game was a lot of fun. NYR fans always make a lot of noise.

From my perspective, it was too bad one team had to lose. Completely far-farfetched, but a SCF between these two teams would be fantastic. Two really great skating teams who both get great goaltending.

It's quite ironic that the SCF appearance for the Rangers is way more of a longshot than the Knights. Such is life as a Rangers fan. At least I have the VGK to root for now! :)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Vegas Knights is a big surprise of this season, people do argue (around the league) about this year's expansion draft being better then in any other year and I agree to that to certain extent but please be honest and tell me if any one expected them to be the top team in Western conference, there is no fluke here but a reason to it as this team is a model of consistency, very well coached, play within the system, every individual work hard and all play as a unit with the team 1st concept. There are no passengers on this squad

By the way this team do me surprise me any more with all the wins they are accumulating and deserved to win all those games (being 1st in the conference is never a fluke)

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas Knights is a big surprise of this season, people do argue (around the league) about this year's expansion draft being better then in any other year and I agree to that to certain extent but please be honest and tell me if any one expected them to be the top team in Western conference, there is no fluke here but a reason to it as this team is a model of consistency, very well coached, play within the system, every individual work hard and all play as a unit with the team 1st concept. There are no passengers on this squad

By the way this team do me surprise me any more with all the wins they are accumulating and deserved to win all those games (being 1st in the conference is never a fluke)

Here is a pretty good article on the idea Vegas was "gifted" a winning team via the expansion draft...

Killing The "Easy Expansion Rules" Argument - SinBin.vegas

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I just wanted to say thank you to every Knights fan I met. Literally every single one was very nice and friendly. The people in the optum lounge were amazing. Hat tip to the guy who told me how to see the players leave. That crowd was amazing. I am proud of how many Rangers fans showed up, & I hope they were well behaved. I plan on making this trip every year if possible.

Stick tap to Vegas fans

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
They only fanbases that have left a bad taste in my mouth so far have been Stars and Ducks. Even the Pens fans, while numerous and boisterous, weren't stupidly obnoxious.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I wouldn't be surprised if we see uncommonly annoying visiting fans, at least for the first season or two.

1. They are more likely to be obnoxiously drunk or overly hungover here than in most places.

2. They will be losing to an expansion team. That's gonna hurt.

But I have to say, being new to hockey, that of all the sports I have followed, hockey fans seem the best and most gracious. Of course that may change once we have developed some real rivalries. :naughty:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Buffalo was pretty bad IMO.
One of the two games I've attended so far.

Did have a few Sabres fans around me, and I mostly recall the one behind me constantly yelling at Jack Eichel, "F*** you, you overpaid f***!" Or something to that effect. :laugh:

But there was a nice, quiet Sabres couple sitting next door that balanced it out.

Was pretty surprised there were as many Buffalo fans as there were. Tons of Leaf fans at that game I attended, but sounds like the Rangers lead so far in visiting fan attendance for a game.

Last edited:

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
They only fanbases that have left a bad taste in my mouth so far have been Stars and Ducks. Even the Pens fans, while numerous and boisterous, weren't stupidly obnoxious.

Can I assume the Flyers haven’t visited yet? It is well known that some Philly fans, in fact a small minority as most Philadelphia fans are civilized humans, are disgusting pieces of sh!t. Now I’m biased as a Rangers fan, but along the east coast it is well accepted that when Philly comes in, they bring the garbage.

Not Flyers, but Philadelphia:

https://deadspin.com/5519469/a-blow-by-blow-account-of-the-vomiting-phillies-fan

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Nope, Flyers haven't graced us with their presence yet. I've heard compliments toward NYR fans at the game Sunday night from several friends.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I was surprised how knowledgeable and passionate (without being obnoxious) the Bruins fans were. They knew the game and loved their team.
Admittedly, I was expecting the worst from the Boston team. Their fans, however, were mostly down to earth, blue collar guys.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I was surprised how knowledgeable and passionate (without being obnoxious) the Bruins fans were. They knew the game and loved their team.
Admittedly, I was expecting the worst from the Boston team. Their fans, however, were mostly down to earth, blue collar guys.

Yeah, definitely not Pats fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad