GDT: Game 41 - Coyotes @ Wild - 6 PM MST - Scripps, ESPN+ - Cold? What Cold Edition

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Northstars (going back) are a train wreck of turnovers and missed assignments. While we played better and got some great goal tending. Games of mistakes, they made a ton of them, gave up a few softies and we didn't. I am glad to see the win!

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So are we happy if Geekie becomes Bugstad? Or do we expect more?
I'd be disappointed but ultimately satisfied. It would need to be the Bjudstadt we inherited and not the one who played for Minnesota though. A 15-20g 45p giant center is not a bad thing.

I think whatever message Bear gave them after the Calgary game got through lol
This is a great sign that they respond. I wasn't able to catch this game but this looked like a game we dominated

Connor Ingram the NHL leader in shutouts

Out of control

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Should be an easy win

smells-like-victory-apocalypse-now.gif

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Me as well , not sure why they pulled him off the PP though, he was such a big part of the early success
We need a strong defensive center to play PK. So we will take our only offensive center and screw him up so bad. Strome looks like a star prospect.

Reactions: Llewzaher

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
It’s always nice to draw a shaky goalie and that is what the Coyotes did last night. Dont get me wrong, I thought the team played much better than the previous games effort, however, swap the goalies ( we get theirs, they get ours) and the Wild would’ve won this game. The Yotes defensive zone play just isnt very good, very often, over the length of an entire game. That being said I was very impressed with Cooley. Hard to believe he is only 19 ( until they show his 2 whiskers up close on the tube).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's far from my favourite Coyote but he fits. Always and anywhere. There's a ton of value in that. Happy to have him.
Bjugstad and Kerfoot are vets that are showing the way. Great leadership. Both can play up and down the line up. I know I have said it before, but I love Kerfoot. Much better signing that Dumba and Zucker.

I'd be happy for sure.
Geekie throws his weight around way more than Bjugstad.
I don't expect any more out of Geekie than I do out of Hayton.
Man, Geekie has to be better than Hayton, much better.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s always nice to draw a shaky goalie and that is what the Coyotes did last night. Dont get me wrong, I thought the team played much better than the previous games effort, however, swap the goalies ( we get theirs, they get ours) and the Wild would’ve won this game. The Yotes defensive zone play just isnt very good, very often, over the length of an entire game. That being said I was very impressed with Cooley. Hard to believe he is only 19 ( until they show his 2 whiskers up close on the tube).
I disagree. I still think we win the game, but it would be much closer. It was nice to get the win, and get some of our confidence back, but the real test will come in the next two games.

Reactions: Prarievarg

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I disagree. I still think we win the game, but it would be much closer. It was nice to get the win, and get some of our confidence back, but the real test will come in the next two games.
Bad goal tending and more mistakes versus less mistakes and great goal tending. Minni is a bad team, they showed it, I wouldn't get too excited about this 6-0 win.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I didn't see the 1st period (date night/double date and the GP had the kids, sleeping in for the first time in a looong time), but we played a solid game. We're a middle of the pack team right now, and I'm happy with that progress. Fix the blue line and get a few more guys on 50+ point paces, this team will be dangerous.

Kerfoot seems like he's gotten so much better over the past 41 games, what a signing he's been. Zucker hasn't been nearly as consistent, but he seems like a phenomenal fit in the room. Dumba has been a huge disappointment, I thought he'd bring so much needed stability, but he's been a source of severe inconsistency. I hope we sign Bjuggy to a retirement deal, his 2 seasons here have shown his immense value to this squad. I dig on Stecher a lot, but he's been a solid 6/7. You want to love Dermott, but he's just not an NHL caliber player.

Half way through the season, I'm inclined to give Bill a B- for his UFA signings. He's done well.

Reactions: moosemeister

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Gustavsson hadn’t played a game in over a month and was coming off an LBI. Didn’t help the players in front of him weren’t giving him much support either.

Minny has dropped 8 of their last 9 now. And we still play three more games against them. So next time we face them they’re going to be looking to pay us back.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I didn't see the 1st period (date night/double date and the GP had the kids, sleeping in for the first time in a looong time), but we played a solid game. We're a middle of the pack team right now, and I'm happy with that progress. Fix the blue line and get a few more guys on 50+ point paces, this team will be dangerous.

Kerfoot seems like he's gotten so much better over the past 41 games, what a signing he's been. Zucker hasn't been nearly as consistent, but he seems like a phenomenal fit in the room. Dumba has been a huge disappointment, I thought he'd bring so much needed stability, but he's been a source of severe inconsistency. I hope we sign Bjuggy to a retirement deal, his 2 seasons here have shown his immense value to this squad. I dig on Stecher a lot, but he's been a solid 6/7. You want to love Dermott, but he's just not an NHL caliber player.

Half way through the season, I'm inclined to give Bill a B- for his UFA signings. He's done well.
Everything about this is truth. First 15 games or so I did not understand Kerfoot at $3.5. Now I get it and he is one of my faves. Zucker hoping for a resurgent 2nd half. Dumba just seems slow of foot and doesn't make good decisions to cover for it. Love Bjugstad and would love to see him finish as a Coyote. Stecher I don't notice much which, for what his job is, I think that's a good thing. Dermott is the 2nd most frustrating player on the team and gets way too much ice.

Bill Signings:
Kerfoot A+
Zucker D
Dumba F
Bjugstad A+
Stecher B

I would still give Bill an A as these seemed like the right moves at the time and the one year deals for Zucker and Dumba make it to where it's kind of a we tried it and it didn't work out sort of thing. So no real mistakes for this phase of the rebuild.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Who the heck were that team that I just watched? From dire to Brilliant its a never ending run of emotions with the Yotes. Cooley had a good game, Bjugstad with his hatty and Ingram with a 38 save shutout and some very good saves thrown in.
Loved watching that one. Time for some redemption on Tuesday!!

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Well the Wild would still have to score … they put in Fleury and we still scored

the Wild game so reminds me of the Flames game just from the opposite side of the fence ..

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3