GDT: Game 41: Columbus vs. Minnesota | 1/5 7PM EST

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The dark side:

1) Last in league in points at midway point in season.

2) Last in goals differential in league.

3) Most goals given up in league.

4) Rene Bourque, David Clarkson, Gregory Campbell, Kevin Connauton, Jared Boll, Dalton Prout, Justin Falk, and Fedor Tyutin are on the roster.

The bright side:

1) Nationwide Arena is a very nice place to watch a game.

2) Tickets are cheap and free parking can be had with only an 8 minute walk to the arena.

3) Rene Bourqe, David Clarkson, etc. are only 35% of the non goalies on the roster. Some of the remaining 65% are actually really good NHL players. Though not many of them.

4) Training camp opens in only 8 months.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So much for Dr. Portzline's "curing" of this team

jZZMz8g.png

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Bet you anything he will be going bye bye after this season because the owners are prob going to start cleaning house.
That means bye bye Torts and bye bye John Davidson and even bye bye Keiko.

We gave up a draft pick for him so very unlikely. Mr. Mac has no idea how to run a hockey team. His dad made a lot of money, and my guess is like a lot of folks the 2nd generation will give a lot of it away.

Columbus needs to hope someone else (preferably in the community) will buy the team - someone that cares about winning, not just icing a team.

But the coach is the least of the problems. Matter of fact they needed a coach that would keep the inmates from running the asylum.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good game from Forsberg. If he had scouted Parise better he might have had a shutout win.

I was disappointed with the forwards. They had lots of long cycles but too many dropped pucks and sloppy passes. Still could have win with a bit more puck luck.

So much for Dr. Portzline's "curing" of this team

Just curious, did "curing" mean the team would win every time?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We gave up a draft pick for him so very unlikely. Mr. Mac has no idea how to run a hockey team. His dad made a lot of money, and my guess is like a lot of folks the 2nd generation will give a lot of it away.

Columbus needs to hope someone else (preferably in the community) will buy the team - someone that cares about winning, not just icing a team.

But the coach is the least of the problems. Matter of fact they needed a coach that would keep the inmates from running the asylum.

This is ridiculous and slanderous. There are owners out there who know nothing at all about hockey, far less than the Mac family, and they still win cups. Why? They hire good hockey people and get some luck. Doug Maclean is not a good hockey person. But JD is and is very well respected around the league.

Basically fans are saying "Hey, the team still sucks and we've changed everything else. Must be the owner. Must be the arena. Must be the city." It's not smart. There's lots of variation/luck/chance/mistakes/ that go into building a team that can explain things.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
As for Joey, at least the guy is skating more nowadays. His puck control has gone to **** but I'm hopeful it'll come back. I still would rather have a top pair D but Joey is not abysmal the way he was earlier in the year.

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
What I don't get is Joey not shooting and all the no-look passes. Where did that come from? Also, I think Dubi is tired or just hasn't been the same since the suspension. Might be thinking too much instead of just playing instinctively.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What I don't get is Joey not shooting and all the no-look passes. Where did that come from? Also, I think Dubi is tired or just hasn't been the same since the suspension. Might be thinking too much instead of just playing instinctively.

Dubi is getting run out there pretty hard. 20 minutes a night a lot of nights. He might need a stretch with lower minutes.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Was at the game last night.

Honestly, I didn't think it was as bad as some say.

Did Joey suck: Indeed he did.

Was 47 the usual 47: Indeed he was.

But as for the rest of the team I thought they played hard, and had their chances. The big issue for me was the inability to finish on their scoring opportunities.

How you bang on Torts for last nights loss really escapes me. Plus, while Joey was awful; Cam, Saad, and Wennberg continue to impress. I agree Murray also looked good last night.

Thought the first Minny goal should have been stopped by Forsberg, but other then that one he was very solid. Made some big saves and looked poised in net.

The other issue last night was the CBJ gave up way to many odd man rushes.

Some credit goes to Minny, though. Thought they played a defensively solid road game. Made it tough on the CBJ to get much going, but like I said earlier they had some glorious chances that they failed to capitalize on.

Take away the EN goals and that is a winnable game if they finish chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad