GDT: Game 40 vs TML 4pm

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Last year Jones started the first 15 games with a .913 save percentage, had four bad games, and then a stretch of 11 games with a .913. He finished the season at .886.

He does this every year - has a streak, maybe even two, where he puts up good numbers and generally looks like an above-average NHL goaltender, and every year at the end of the season he's among the worst NHL goaltenders that year.

He's not suddenly returned to form - the crappy goaltender he's been for years now is his form. He's getting bouyed by puck luck and good defense, but he remains the same minor league quality goaltender he has been for six years now, one that I am grateful I don't have to watch on a weekly basis.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Last year Jones started the first 15 games with a .913 save percentage, had four bad games, and then a stretch of 11 games with a .913. He finished the season at .886.

He does this every year - has a streak, maybe even two, where he puts up good numbers and generally looks like an above-average NHL goaltender, and every year at the end of the season he's among the worst NHL goaltenders that year.

He's not suddenly returned to form - the crappy goaltender he's been for years now is his form. He's getting bouyed by puck luck and good defense, but he remains the same minor league quality goaltender he has been for six years now, one that I am grateful I don't have to watch on a weekly basis.

Martin Jones is not this evil person you portray him to be.
Martin Jones has never been evil.
Martin Jones cannot even begin to fathom the meaning of evil.
Martin Jones is the man. Go Martin Jones!!!

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

It might be that the Sharks defense led by Erik Karlsson was so bad that exposed the flaws of some decent but not great goaltenders. Not only Jones, but also Hill and Kahkonen look much better without Karlsson playing 20+ minutes in front of them.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It might be that the Sharks defense led by Erik Karlsson was so bad that exposed the flaws of some decent but not great goaltenders. Not only Jones, but also Hill and Kahkonen look much better without Karlsson playing 20+ minutes in front of them.
This is an absolutely insane take. Do you really think any of the defensemen on our blue-line this year are better than Karlsson defensively? I’m not trying to claim that Karlsson is some shutdown defenseman but he’s an NHL-quality defender. No one on the current Sharks defense can claim the same.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Jones was just as bad in front of Proverov and Sanheim two years ago and in front of Dunn and Larsson last year.

It really, honestly, totally is that Martin Jones is not an NHL-quality goaltender. He hasn't been for years. He is not now. He is not going to be in the future.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Martin Jones, the man of extremes! You’ve got to love him…or hate him…there’s no in between with the Joner!

Do we now start the winning streak that keeps us out of contention for a meaningful pick?!

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad