GDT: Game 40: Sharks vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ - Fish AND Cut Bait Edition.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
No it doesn’t. What sucks is half rebuilding and being a useless bubble team perpetually. The coyotes have been a terrible team to be a fan of since 1996 precisely because this is the first time they’ve ever really done this.

100%
Well, I guess I speak for myself then ( and no one else does 😁) and for me, except for 2011, it all SUCKS

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
The Coyotes fell apart once the Sharks started the hockey equivalent of a full court press. The Coyotes couldn’t beat the forecheck. They should have had any number of odd man rushes, but they didn’t. I swear I’ve never seen a team w so many egregious D zone turnovers.

That Russian shouldn’t have fought w Josh Brown. He took a hell of a shot to the face.
The Coyotes cannot ( yet ) cope with a strong forecheck.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
The Coyotes cannot ( yet ) cope with a strong forecheck.
“egregious”. thats being very polite about it. I’d rather throw the game program on the ice after the buzzer! ( back in the gretzky dark days, i had seats at GRA next to a guy that did this every game lost. it was fun!)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The Coyotes fell apart once the Sharks started the hockey equivalent of a full court press. The Coyotes couldn’t beat the forecheck. They should have had any number of odd man rushes, but they didn’t. I swear I’ve never seen a team w so many egregious D zone turnovers.

That Russian shouldn’t have fought w Josh Brown. He took a hell of a shot to the face.
The coach has to adjust.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
As others seem intent on manufacturing the mindset of Chychrun.
"The team approached me a couple of times, one before the [2021-22 season], one early in the season and we just had discussions about where I was mentally and where the team was at,"

" decided to take them up on that offer and try to move on to a better situation [because of] my desire to to win in this league. Careers are so short, the time flies by, and I'm in my seventh year in the NHL. It's just crazy.

"I don't want these years to keep going by and be 10, 12 years in and not had a real good chance at not only the playoffs, but winning the Stanley Cup. That's really my mentality and where I'm at and I think the team understands that, to get moved to a situation with a chance to win and a team that's fighting for the Stanley Cup."

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
"The team approached me a couple of times, one before the [2021-22 season], one early in the season and we just had discussions about where I was mentally and where the team was at,"

" decided to take them up on that offer and try to move on to a better situation [because of] my desire to to win in this league. Careers are so short, the time flies by, and I'm in my seventh year in the NHL. It's just crazy.

"I don't want these years to keep going by and be 10, 12 years in and not had a real good chance at not only the playoffs, but winning the Stanley Cup. That's really my mentality and where I'm at and I think the team understands that, to get moved to a situation with a chance to win and a team that's fighting for the Stanley Cup."
seems rational and thought out. hard to find any fault in Jacob’s thoughts/words

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

I can't help but wonder why the Team asked him more than once? To push him to asking out? Or is he really not a good teammate?

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
I can't help but wonder why the Team asked him more than once? To push him to asking out? Or is he really not a good teammate?
Great question. Maybe because the organization knows he’s most likely gone after his contract. Trading him with term should increase the return.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He’s a professional, and a smart one. Just not sophisticated enough at his age to keep his mouth shut. I honestly don’t think that he was trying to pull a “Turris”. I think that he spoke the truth to the press.

I’m tired of playing the “what does Jake-Jake really really want” game. He told us and I don’t care. He can leave when his free agency period starts if he wants. No need to trade him at his request. Trade him in the team’s best interest.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
I’m tired of playing the “what does Jake-Jake really really want” game. He told us and I don’t care. He can leave when his free agency period starts if he wants. No need to trade him at his request. Trade him in the team’s best interest.
I think most people would agree with you however keeping him for two years is not best for the Coyotes. The sooner we trade him the better for the organization.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Because other teams are specifically asking about Chychrun and if GMBA already asked a player and they said they prefer to stay, why would he asked again?
You think Chychrun is the only Coyote that team's have inquired about? If Chychrun said no the 1st time why ask again? Do you think they ask every player when they get an inquiry from other teams? I don't see it being as simple as you suggest.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
You think Chychrun is the only Coyote that team's have inquired about? If Chychrun said no the 1st time why ask again? Do you think they ask every player when they get an inquiry from other teams? I don't see it being as simple as you suggest.
I'll put it this way, it wouldn't surprise me if he said he didn't want to go to Edmonton and GMBA didn't bother negotiating any further with them. I wonder how many other teams that Chychrun said he rather be a Coyote instead?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That's what Chych said. The team approached him, not Chych asking for a trade. To bad injuries has prolonged this trade.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe they were hoping he changed his mind. He is exactly the type of player you can build around.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s a professional, and a smart one. Just not sophisticated enough at his age to keep his mouth shut. I honestly don’t think that he was trying to pull a “Turris”. I think that he spoke the truth to the press.

"No need to trade him at his request?" The team approached him. Chych has been 100% professional in all this. He was just telling everyone how it went down, but as usual most can't comprehend that. Chych stated that the team will "try" to move him to a better situation. He has played his ass off since returning. Chych and the team are on the same page. Chych knows he will get traded if and when BA gets his asking price. Why some of you point fingers at Chych is beyond me.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad